Reverse Search by 'Numbers' :)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 687
Douglas | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 1 2013 10:39 AM

Hello :)

Inwould like then ability to search by Number. Where if i type in 365, Logos will produce all of the interesting finds (searches) that have 365 number as its total :)

Its a start idea :)

Posts 5127
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2013 11:00 AM

When you say "total", are you referring to Gematria?

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2013 11:13 AM

Douglas:

Hello :)

Inwould like then ability to search by Number. Where if i type in 365, Logos will produce all of the interesting finds (searches) that have 365 number as its total :)

Its a start idea :)

You can already search for numbers, but I see you want a search for combinations of numbers which total a particular number.  I think that is going to be something difficult to institute.  Also, I question its value. 

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 687
Douglas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2013 1:17 PM

Example,

In the KJV NT the word "Hell" is mentioned 23 times. I would like by default to see what other words are only mentioned 23 times in the KJV NT.

i think i could be fruitful :)

Posts 741
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2013 1:51 PM

I cannot imagine any scenario where that would be useful.

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 5127
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2013 2:11 PM

Douglas:

Example,

In the KJV NT the word "Hell" is mentioned 23 times. I would like by default to see what other words are only mentioned 23 times in the KJV NT.

i think i could be fruitful :)

Although all of the number counts may not be perfect (there are disputes about these things--a small number of words have differing counts for various reasons), I think a hardback Strong's Concordance would give a list of usage frequency for Hebrew and Greek. You may even be able to find a word frequency list online. Don't just buy a concordance online, though. Go to a bookstore and see if it provides what you are looking for.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS