MAJOR DEVELOPMENT: New prepub from OUP

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 20 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 2 2013 12:04 PM

Logos has finally managed to contract a new book from Oxford University Press, and one of the most wished for at that: The Jewish Study Bible.

This is great news!

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 2 2013 12:09 PM

Awesome news! Thanks. I'm in.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 2 2013 12:27 PM

Great news on two fronts!! Thank you!

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 2 2013 1:34 PM

This looks like a great resource. I'm in, too.  Smile

Posts 36311
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 2 2013 3:14 PM

Can we get it into production in 24 hours?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2003
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 2 2013 3:31 PM

I have a general question...

Do books that go on early Pre-Pub go cheaper with academic price once they go on production?

Does that happen at all?

Posts 5321
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 2 2013 7:35 PM

MJ. Smith:

Good luck, I can't help as i bought them in Accordance and Olivetree both many years ago….

-Dan

Posts 36311
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 2 2013 7:40 PM

Dan Francis:

MJ. Smith:

Good luck, I can't help as i bought them in Accordance and Olivetree both many years ago….

-Dan

Time to consolidate to a Logos only libraryBig Smile

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 2 2013 8:06 PM

I'm in as well.  OUP has several study bibles.  I wonder if more are forth coming.

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 3 2013 6:19 AM

Logos wants everyone to know about this pre-pub:

You can also view more content of the Jewish Study Bible at the bookstore.

cheers!

Posts 9842
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 3 2013 7:24 AM

I just place my order too.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 3 2013 7:24 AM

David Bailey:

Logos wants everyone to know about this pre-pub:

You can also view more content of the Jewish Study Bible at the bookstore.

cheers!

I thought they wanted everyone to know about Virgil.  Wink

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 171
Adam Rao | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 3 2013 9:10 AM

This is, indeed, a great development! Whether it contains the Tanakh translation or not, the study notes are quite worthwhile.

Here's hoping the New Oxford Annotated Bible and a number of other Oxford resources are on their way.

Posts 1028
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 3 2013 10:04 AM

Thanks I am in too. I did however notice that in the overview  it says "The Jewish Study Bible uses the Jewish Publication Society TANAKH translation" and am wondering if that text is actually included? As we all know most of the study Bibles published by Logos come without the actual translation.

I see that the examples from the print edition include the text but that doesn't always mean the the Logos product will match it!

Posts 9842
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 3 2013 10:09 AM

David Carter:

Thanks I am in too. I did however notice that in the overview  it says "The Jewish Study Bible uses the Jewish Publication Society TANAKH translation" and am wondering if that text is actually included? As we all know most of the study Bibles published by Logos come without the actual translation.

I see that the examples from the print edition include the text but that doesn't always mean the the Logos product will match it!

Yes, it seems to be included. See the sample here - http://www.amazon.com/Jewish-Study-Bible-Publication-Translation/dp/0195297512/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1364994955&sr=1-1&keywords=jewish+study+bible#reader_0195297512

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 5321
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 3 2013 10:22 AM

MJ. Smith:
Time to consolidate to a Logos only libraryBig Smile

Won't be happening anytime soon. I love my Olivetree on my iPad/iPhone, and i have numerous resources not available in Logos on them. And unless Logos Mac was completely rewritten not a chance I am going to give up the speed and stability of Accordance. Besides Accordance is working on the NIB while Logos can't get it in to production.

-Dan

Posts 205
Oldnewbie | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 3 2013 10:22 AM

I'm in.  Thanks for posting this.

Posts 244
Brian Losabia | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 3 2013 12:16 PM

I wish there were a way to see the high resolution covers within Logos itself!

Posts 1028
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 5 2013 5:51 AM

Bruce Dunning:

It isn't included. There is a clarification now on the product page "This resource does not include the Bible texts. The TANAKH is available separately and can be purchased here."

Like I said, just because things are included in the print version doesn't mean Logos will include them in the electronic version.

Posts 9842
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 5 2013 6:01 AM

David Carter:

Bruce Dunning:

It isn't included. There is a clarification now on the product page "This resource does not include the Bible texts. The TANAKH is available separately and can be purchased here."

Like I said, just because things are included in the print version doesn't mean Logos will include them in the electronic version.

That is a good clarification. It is a bit misleading. I already have the digital version of the Tanakh but I'm not sure that this would be clear to others who are first considering a purchase.

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS