Ok, you have made me mad!

Page 3 of 3 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 49 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 9:39 AM

Kaye Anderson:

I know...but sadly still out of my sphere.  My daughter is getting married in May so I will stick with some lesser but still very useful methods for now.  I'm glad it's being offered though and with the great discount.  I think it will be good for lots of people and will almost certainly improve how people use Logos!

K

Kaye,

In addition to the free course from Ted Hildebrandt is mentioned in my earlier post, there is also a free course at BiblicalTraining.org: http://www.biblicaltraining.org/class/nt201. Mounce is the instructor. You will need to purchase Mounces text book. But I hope you can see that God has indeed provided the resources one needs to get started learning biblical greek, and all for FREE or next to free!!! God is good and we live in an amazing time, full of opportnities for those who make an effort to take advantage of them.

I hope this helps and encourages you.

Posts 298
Kaye Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 9:59 AM

I'm looking at Hildebrandt's free book right now!  And you're right, I will have whatever I need.  I love my "toys" but the Holy Spirit can teach in any circumstance and sometimes more toys = less time spent in the real work!

I'm happy with what I have.  I appreciate your testimony to me.

"But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."  2 Timothy 4:5 (NASB)

Posts 139
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 8:08 PM

I'd also like to put in a plug for the new video resources on pre-pub (http://www.logos.com/products/prepub/details/5876). The authors of this resource (who are both with Logos) have taken a new approach focusing on how to effectively use the tools, even if your command of the language isn't everything it might be (or never was Wink ). 

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 13 2009 3:30 AM

Sean,

I must be late to the party! I had no idea that there was a prepub of these vids...

Are they the same ones on Youtube right now?

If what's on You tube are "samples" then these are valuable vids and I'm the last one to know.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 298
Kaye Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 13 2009 5:25 AM

OK. I have removed a few things from my pre-pubs that were gathering interest and added these videos.  I'm still hoping Santa Logos will have a nice BDAG discount for me before the 12th day is over so I can add that recommended item to my library before these vids are ready.

"But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."  2 Timothy 4:5 (NASB)

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 13 2009 1:20 PM

Sean and Robert, you guys are both late to the party Stick out tongue (See top of page 2). That is Kaye's quandary: whether to eat, or order the videos.

I will say they are gathering interest at quite a fast rate.

Posts 52
LogosEmployee
Reuben Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 13 2009 4:16 PM

Id'd recommend BDAG, but it is by no means required to get value out of the Video Tools. You'll learn so many principals and techniques  that you can apply to whatever lexicon you are using. Once you get the resources to buy BDAG it will help you. But we want to train you to think through the context of your passage or word and not just rely on BDAG. It is referenced, but nowhere close to every lesson. Hope that helps!

Posts 52
LogosEmployee
Reuben Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 13 2009 4:31 PM

There will be over 15 hours of HD content, so it is just too much too offer via download (at this point anyway). Also you may not want to keep all those videos on your Hard Drive if you have a laptop with limited HDD space. But you can copy the videos off the DVD to your hard drive.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 13 2009 4:59 PM

Reuben Evans:

Id'd recommend BDAG, but it is by no means required to get value out of the Video Tools. You'll learn so many principals and techniques  that you can apply to whatever lexicon you are using. Once you get the resources to buy BDAG it will help you. But we want to train you to think through the context of your passage or word and not just rely on BDAG. It is referenced, but nowhere close to every lesson. Hope that helps!

I'd recommend BDAG, HALOT and BDB (if you can afford it).  Don't accept any substitutes for these 3.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 13 2009 5:28 PM

Here is the BDAG / HALOT bundle

http://www.logos.com/products/details/2078

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Page 3 of 3 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS