I need a resource about the blood of Jesus Christ

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 25 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2914
Tes | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 4 2013 2:38 PM
I am Looking for a resource which can help me in my study about the blood of Jesus Christ with the Old Testament background. I Woud appriciate any recommendation.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 18652
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 4 2013 2:58 PM

I don't have a resource recommendation for you, but a song that comes to mind which I love -- "Jesus Blood Never Failed Me Yet" -- arranged by Gavin Bryar from a soundtrack of a homeless man singing just a short snippet, looped over and over with background music added in increasing complexity to a full orchestra. It goes on for about 30 minutes. It is hauntingly beautiful and I love the origin of it.

Posts 556
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 4 2013 3:17 PM

The cross of Christ by Andrew Murray - not in Logos yet. 

Posts 18652
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 4 2013 3:23 PM

Tes, you could search through your library for:

("blood of christ", "blood of jesus", "jesus' blood", "christ's blood") NEAR "old testament"

Posts 777
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 4 2013 3:24 PM

Tes:
I am Looking for a resource which can help me in my study about the blood of Jesus Christ with the Old Testament background.

Hi, Tes: Here are some keywords to consider as you continue your research:
  • Lamb of God
  • Passover Lamb
  • Perfect Sacrifice--without blemish

Maybe this will get you started.

Posts 2304
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 4 2013 4:03 PM

Tes:
I am Looking for a resource which can help me in my study about the blood of Jesus Christ with the Old Testament background

This book  The Blood by Benny Hinn an internationally known evangelist who moves in the power of the Holy Spirit, gives popular and personal coverage of this subject. Benny attracts thousands to his services and regularly operates in the miraculous effecting healings and miracles. Give it a try. http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Experience-salvation-healing-miracles/dp/1591859565/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1365115520&sr=1-6&keywords=benny+hinn   

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 999
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 4 2013 4:13 PM

I am thankful that Benny Hinn is not published by Logos and I pray that he never will be.

Posts 2304
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 4 2013 4:18 PM

Mike Pettit:
I am thankful that Benny Hinn is not published by Logos and I pray that he never will be.

Actually, there are two titles authored by this pastor on Vyrso.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 228
Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 4 2013 5:28 PM

Mike Pettit:

Mike,

just because you don't agree with an author does not mean they shouldn't be published by Logos. Logos publishes many works that I myself will never use but that doesn't mean that Logos shouldn't publish them. If Logos were to publish only authors they agreed with it would severely limit them. 

I personally wish Logos would publish more from Charismatic/Pentecostal authors. I feel this is one are Logos is severely lacking.

Stephen

Posts 2062
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 4 2013 5:32 PM

Mike Pettit:

John said to him, “Teacher, we saw someone casting out demons in your name, and we tried to stop him, because he was not following us.” But Jesus said, “Do not stop him, for no one who does a mighty work in my name will be able soon afterward to speak evil of me. For the one who is not against us is for us.  

Mark 9:38–40 (ESV)

Posts 777
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 4 2013 5:56 PM

Mike Pettit:

I can understand why you feel that way. However, your mama taught you how to eat fish--spit the bones out and keep the meat. [grin]

Posts 483
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 4 2013 7:42 PM

Jack Hairston:

I can understand why you feel that way. However, your mama taught you how to eat fish--spit the bones out and keep the meat. [grin]

I am not a big fan of Benny Hinn either but I really do appreciate your comment Jack.  I will be sure to remember that line.  In will come in handy sometime ;-)

Posts 1493
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 4 2013 10:58 PM

Beloved:

The Blood by Benny Hinn an internationally known evangelist who moves in the power of the Holy Spirit, gives popular and personal coverage of this subject. Benny attracts thousands to his services and regularly operates in the miraculous effecting healings and miracles.

No

Posts 6337
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 4 2013 11:17 PM

Beloved:

This book  The Blood by Benny Hinn an internationally known evangelist who moves in the power of the Holy Spirit, gives popular and personal coverage of this subject. Benny attracts thousands to his services and regularly operates in the miraculous effecting healings and miracles. Give it a try. http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Experience-salvation-healing-miracles/dp/1591859565/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1365115520&sr=1-6&keywords=benny+hinn   

Yes and Benny Hinn is also an internationally known fraud and fake person who DOESN'T move in the power of the Holy Spirit because he's not real and is popular among people who believe his lies.  He's never healed anybody only those who have been staged by him and his crew of crooks! 

Sorry to wake you guys up, but the guy is a fraud! I'm not launching negative attacks at him, I'm just stating facts.  If you don't believe me, let's pay him a visit (for real, I'm not joking, I challenge you) and let's see how full of the Holy Spirit he is.  I can assure you (and you can take that to the bank) that there has never been such a thing as a miracle done by him.  

Coming from a pentecostal/charismatic background for years and years I can assure you that all the things you seem to "see" or "experience" are not even close to the Bible definition of a miracle.

But anyway, I do agree, though, that just because we don't agree with a certain author or believe his lies, it doesn't mean Logos shouldn't publish them or else there wouldn't be that many resources to sell and make a profit from them.  "Prove all things, hold fast that which is good" 1 Thess. 5:21

Now to the OP the suggestion given to you about doing a search on the phrase "The Blood of Christ" will bring a lot of results that you will profit from.  Try it and you will be amazed at all the topical information you will get from it.

Blessings!

DAL

Posts 1418
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 4 2013 11:20 PM

Beloved:

Tes:
I am Looking for a resource which can help me in my study about the blood of Jesus Christ with the Old Testament background

Yes Stick out tongue 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 6337
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 4 2013 11:27 PM

Randy W. Sims (Shayne):

Mike Pettit:

John said to him, “Teacher, we saw someone casting out demons in your name, and we tried to stop him, because he was not following us.” But Jesus said, “Do not stop him, for no one who does a mighty work in my name will be able soon afterward to speak evil of me. For the one who is not against us is for us.  

Mark 9:38–40 (ESV)

The only problem with that verse Randy is that it doesn't even come close to be applied to Benny Hinn.  I believe that the only two verses that truly apply to him are the latter part of 1 Timothy 6:5 and Matthew 7:21-23. 1 Timothy 6:5 "...who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. From such withdraw yourself."

Matthew 7:21, "Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Posts 1418
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 4 2013 11:39 PM

DAL nobody asks your opinion about the author. Read the rules of the forum and reread it again. The question is about resouces about the blood. Imagine the mess if everyone would post their opinion about the authors. You are offending some people. 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 6337
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 5 2013 12:00 AM

Slava Novik:

DAL nobody asks your opinion about the author. Read the rules of the forum and reread it again. The question is about resouces about the blood. Imagine the mess if everyone would post their opinion about the authors. You are offending some people. 

Sorry Slava but nobody asked you for your opinion on my opinion so I think you should read the forum rules too and re-read them again and again before saying anything....but then again...My opinion/comment (More like a fact) is not a debate is just stating a fact or opinion if you want to call it that way.  And everybody is entitle to their opinion (mor like a fact), if you like it fine if you don't then don't comment on it, but don't try to turn it into a debate or else you'll be violating forum rules yourself and that's something neither one of us want to do.

Facts are facts, look them up that's all I'm going to say.  When Jesus stated facts people got offended that's something that is bound to happen (you can't please everybody).  If you read my post, I didn't get offended just because beloved recommended a book that Mike wished it never got published by Logos; on the contrary, I agree with someone else's statement that just because we don't like an author or disagree with him it doesn't mean his works shouldn't get published on Logos.  So I think you're over reacting a little bit, so chill dude ;-) I don't like Jimmy Swagger (lol) not because he really doesn't have "swagger" but because I know him personally, but does that mean I don't want Logos to publish his works, no, of course not.  So again dude, chill and don't read too much into things.

Blessings!

DAL

Posts 2277
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 5 2013 12:53 AM

Just a reminder with regards to Logos' expectations with regards to our interactions on the forums ,

Phil Gons:

Please abide by the following guidelines as you interact on our forums.

1. Please keep your discussions focused on Logos Bible Software: our software, products, websites, company, tools, etc.
  2. Please do not discuss or debate biblical, theological, or other controversial topics. Use one of the many web forums intended for these kinds of discussions.
  3. Please treat each other with the love, courtesy, respect, and kindness that you would if you were sitting in your living room together.
  4. Please do not use our forums to
    • sell or give away anything or link to anything you’re selling or giving away—including Logos products
    • promote or link to competitors
    • point people to other places that sell Logos-compatible products
    • advertise yourself, your business, your ministry, your website, etc. (a tasteful link in your forum signature is acceptable)
    • post Logos Coupon Codes. If you are aware of a special promotion Logos is running online, you are welcome to link directly to the promotion.
  5. Please search before posting. It’s likely that someone has already asked your question.
  6. Please help others follow these guidelines. If the problems continue after you’ve given a gentle reminder of these expectations, please click “Report Abuse” under “More” or send an email to forums@logos.com.

Thank you for your cooperation. Enjoy discussing and learning about Logos Bible Software.

It is inevitable, given the diverse backgrounds of those who frequent the forum, that opinions will differ with regards to the merits (or otherwise) of resources available through the Logos and Vyrso stores. In my view, it would be more helpful to the OP (and respectful to the guidance provided by Logos) to provide further constructive and helpful suggested reading rather than critiquing resources suggested (in good faith) by other users. Blessings Big Smile
Posts 26306
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 5 2013 1:14 AM

I've been forced into another silent protest image ... joining the fallacy hounds are:

something about guidelines and manners ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS