Create new reading reference range in L4

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 247
Alexxy Olu | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 11 2009 12:51 PM

How do I create new reading plan in L4: Please how do I create a new bible reading plan reference range in L4. In L3 I had various combinations e.g Old & New Testaments, Psalms & Proverbs Each Session [Gen-Job, Ecl-Mal, Mat-Rev, Ps, Pr). When I right similar range in L4 there is nowhere to save or retain it.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 11 2009 1:38 PM

Alexander,

you can do it...you just type in your passages and name the plan and you're on your way.

Passages are separated by commas, and each day is separated by a "pipe" which is that thing on the back slash on your keyboard.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 11 2009 1:39 PM

Click the "all passages" to get a picklist or add your own...

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 247
Alexxy Olu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 4:16 AM

Save button greyed out: After writing my own passage and giving it a name, the Save button remains greyed out. So I cannot save the new passage. When I click on the save button anyway, I get a message like: L4 has stopped working and widows will close it down. Before any response from me L4 shuts down and the next thing I know it is asking whether to send a report to Microsoft!

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 4:38 AM

Alexander,

What save button are you talking about?  There is no "save" button.  Do you meant  the "Go!" button?

Since it is crashing, please follow the steps in this link: Diagnostic Logging

Once logging is turned on, upload your logs here.  (There are directions in that link).

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 4:40 AM

Thomas Black:
What save button are you talking about?  There is no "save" button.  Do you meant  the "Go!" button?

In your screen shot, there is a "save" button right beside the Title Box.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 4:45 AM

AlexanderOluwasakin:

Save button greyed out: After writing my own passage and giving it a name, the Save button remains greyed out. So I cannot save the new passage. When I click on the save button anyway, I get a message like: L4 has stopped working and widows will close it down. Before any response from me L4 shuts down and the next thing I know it is asking whether to send a report to Microsoft!

I'm running the beta so hopefully that doesn't get in the way. What exactly are you putting in the boxes? What is your passage reference (exactly as you are trying to enter it) and what name are you giving it? Also, when you you are clicking on "Save" is there a red outline around the Passage box?

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 5:48 AM

Philip Spitzer:

Thomas Black:

In your screen shot, there is a "save" button right beside the Title Box.

Oh for crying out loud Crying nailed by my own screenshot!

Posts 247
Alexxy Olu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 11:57 PM

What I write exactly: In the reference range box: Old & New Testament, Psalms & Proverbs Each Session (Gen-Job, Eccl-Mal | Psalms | Proverbs | Mat-Rev)

In the title box: Alex1

My screen is as the screen shown on this page. When I'm trying to click save, the reference box is surrounded by a red outline

I upgraded fron L3 Gold to L4 Platinum few days ago. I expected it is the full program and not beta.

Posts 35798
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 13 2009 12:07 AM

AlexanderOluwasakin:
When I'm trying to click save, the reference box is surrounded by a red outline

That means there is a typo in your string. I put in a request for information on how to edit a string with a valid but incorrect string - and have gotten no answer.  However, when I had your problem, I checked at the end of each reference to see if the box remained red - if it was, I knew my last entry was invalid. Invalid -->no save button

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 13 2009 1:08 AM

AlexanderOluwasakin:

What I write exactly: In the reference range box: Old & New Testament, Psalms & Proverbs Each Session (Gen-Job, Eccl-Mal | Psalms | Proverbs | Mat-Rev)

In the title box: Alex1

My screen is as the screen shown on this page. When I'm trying to click save, the reference box is surrounded by a red outline

I upgraded fron L3 Gold to L4 Platinum few days ago. I expected it is the full program and not beta.

I cut and pasted your search string and title into mine with no problem. I'm assuming you are not including the Parenthesis. If that's the case then it may work on mine because it is fixed in the Beta.

Posts 247
Alexxy Olu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 13 2009 9:01 AM

Copying from L3 worked: Thank you all. I do not know what the problem is. But I copied my references from L3 and pasted them into L4 and the save button appeared each time and everything worked fine. May be for now I will use that method whenever I needed another set of references.

Posts 19643
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 13 2009 7:57 PM

Philip Spitzer:

AlexanderOluwasakin:

I cut and pasted your search string and title into mine with no problem. I'm assuming you are not including the Parenthesis. If that's the case then it may work on mine because it is fixed in the Beta. 

Alexander, I see what your problem is. When I copied and pasted your text exactly as you had it, I also got the red box (in 4.0). But the text "Old & New Testament, Psalms & Proverbs Each Session" is the range name, it's not part of the range itself. There are various preset ranges that have names in the dropdown box, with the references in parentheses after them, for example Old Testament (Ge-Mal). The range name should not be entered into the range text box. If you remove everything except the part between parentheses (and remove the parentheses too), the red box goes away, and Save becomes ungreyed.

You might want to name your range Old & New Testament, Psalms & Proverbs Each Session instead of Alex1, as it will remind you of what the actual range is. Actually, you might want to choose a slightly different name (see above, I've used OT & NT, Psalms & Proverbs Each Session) as there is already a built-in range called "Old & New Testament, Psalms & Proverbs Each Session." It appears that Logos lets you create a new range with the exact same name as a built-in range, and it might get confusing.  (They probably shouldn't allow that.)

Posts 247
Alexxy Olu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 2:01 PM

Solved! Wonderful!. You just solved the problem. It's ok now. Thanks a lot!

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS