SUGGESTION: New view for interlinear

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 35777
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 9 2013 5:56 PM

I would like to see linking between the current clause analysis structures (tree diagrams) to their equivalent in English - leaving both languages in their original sequence. It greatly enhances the ability to distinguish translation elements due to different language structures from translator interpretative choices. Example:

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3407
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 9 2013 6:06 PM

MJ. Smith:
I would like to see linking between the current clause analysis structures (tree diagrams) to their equivalent in English - leaving both languages in their original sequence.

Love it Yes

Did you align these "free-hand"?

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 35777
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 9 2013 6:21 PM

Beloved:
Did you align these "free-hand"?

Yes. Because my tree diagram tools are for vertical trees and Logos uses horizontal trees, I actually built the diagram as a table ... not my preferred method.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 9 2013 6:32 PM

+1 Yes for correlated tree diagrams.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1723
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 7:13 PM

This is very cool, but I think the big issue here is that we don't have the English syntactically tagged. (Yet. Or planned right now.)

Posts 47
JD | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 11 2013 6:27 AM

An excellent option for 64-bit LOGOS 6, I think...YesYesYes

Posts 35777
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 11 2013 1:45 PM

Bob Pritchett:
I think the big issue here is that we don't have the English syntactically tagged. (Yet. Or planned right now.)

Ah, yes ... but English parsers for tree diagrams are getting quite good and you know someone who could put it in the plans.Wink

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS