Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 29 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 343
Jason Saling - www.NapavineBaptist.com | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 11 2009 11:16 PM

I think it would be greatly beneficial to many Logos users, also resulting in great sales for Logos, if they designed or outsourced the design of a special E-Book Reader that would sync over your entire Logos Library.  That would enable people to read the normal books in the library in a more efficient book (e-book reader) format, as I think many people probably don't read books most of the time on their computer, but use Logos more as a searchable resource, specifically commentaries, or read portions of a topical book of a specific topic that they are studying.  An E-Book reader similar to the Kindle or Nook would greatly make the rest of the books in the library very convenient to read.  If that's not an option for Logos to design their own, perhaps it would be possible to arrange for the Logos books to sync with the Kindle or Nook, but I imagine Logos would be able to make their own innovative product if they would branch out to work on a hardware technology for an E-Book reader.  I think many Logos users would purchase such.

Jason Saling

Jason Saling

Posts 187
Anthony Etienne | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 11 2009 11:49 PM

Jason,

They already do, of sorts...the iPhone app, I use it on both my iPhone and iPod Touch exclusively for my reading plans and reading all my books; that are currently supported. Also as they secure the rights to include more books on the iPhone 3.0 OS, new books from my library are poping up on my iPhone weekly.

No need for them to develope a proprietary piece of hardware when one of the best ebook readers out there is already shipping and tested.

Give it a shot if you can.

Tony Etienne

Posts 343

I may be switching to the iPhone in the near future, just will have to swallow leaving Verizon's network.  My wife has an iPod touch, so I have since Logos on there.  It would be nice to have it on a larger display e-book reader though.

Jason Saling

Posts 187
Anthony Etienne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 12:08 AM

Yeah it would be, I'm predicting, or I have BEEN predicting an apple tablet 10x7 or bigger running iPhone 3.0 OS. It would be great and I probably would not buy another laptop ever, except for business.

Of course Apple should have done this already, but I would not be suprised to see it in the future. Perfect ebook reader, especially for people like us who have tons of books in ebook format.

Tony Etienne

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 12:11 AM

Jason Saling:
It would be nice to have it on a larger display e-book reader though.

We have discussed it a few times already. iPhone is a great option. It is well enough for reading a book. Plus you have also a powerful Bible Study tool (not just eBook Reader). And, by the way, it might be soon, we will see Apple Tablet. I think that is exactly what you speak about. It should be 10" size screen, just ideal for eBook Reader. I hope it will run with some kind of a regular OS, not just iPhone OS. We will see.

Bohuslav

Posts 236
Michael March | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 9:38 AM

It would be great to be able to download books for those of us who don't have an iPhone.  Reading them online through library.logos.com is just too slow as every page turn needs to be reloaded from the browser.  I have a Droid, and while I understand you can't write programs for every platform, even to be able to download and read one book off my sd card with any number of ebook apps would be great.  Is this possible?

Windows PC - Android Phone - Surface Pro 4

Posts 1
RudyMitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 7:23 PM

I have the Nook ebook reader which also uses the Android operating system. I would really like to see Logos work with Nook to get some of their resources available on the Nook and Android phones since the system is not so proprietary and will be growing in use. In addition many people in less developed countries have cell phones but not computers. They may not be able to afford Iphones, but in the future probably Android systems will be available less expensively.

Posts 11
Rev. Gregory S. Byrd | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2010 1:42 PM

YES, YES, YES I would buy one in a heart beat, trying to decide if I Pad will fill this need. But It will not use liquid ink technology. I think several thousand would be ordered instantly!

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2010 2:40 PM

I'm in the same boat.  I'm leaning toward an iPad at the moment since that's the closest thing...but I'd much prefer an e-ink Logos reader.

Posts 10
Thomas Fleming | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 6 2010 11:37 AM

This is the first time I have entered the forums, and I came to discuss this one major topic.  No matter how much the value of the Logos package is hyped, until there is a means to read that is easy on the eyes it is still not a substitute for reading books.  Some may say there is no difference, but for me there is a substantial difference.  I use the Kindle for reading some books, and though it is far from perfect, I would a whole lot rather read a book on that screen than any other computer, phone, or ipad screen.  To really study you need sit back and mull over the words.  (I am also blinded at times from screens. I think it is a variant of a migraine.)  I purchased Logos 3 & now 4 mainly because I am a missionary and need portability.  But I still value the collection much less due to these limitation.  So my vote is with Jason.  After spending a couple thousand, I could put in another three hundred to get a more usable format.  Regardless, I am only going to be reading one screen at a time whether it is a LED or E-ink.  Short of this a means to transfer to the Kindle would be appreciated.  You could devise a means to incorporate any DRM necessary. Thanks

Posts 236
Michael March | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 6 2010 5:36 PM

May I also add my hope for a Kindle reading platform, as one who has also spent thousands to acquire my library and I agree with you about how good Logos is, but as my books are all electronic, please figure out a way to allow me to really read them.  I do not buy books from Logos unless they are directly useful for Bible study or sermon preparation.  I am just not going to read a book on my computer screen.   

A Kindle app OR an android app, but please allow us something besides apple's screen and company.  Android is open source.  Kindle is widespread.  How about it?

Windows PC - Android Phone - Surface Pro 4

Posts 1
Mark Vaughan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 4:43 PM

I too would love to see some way to put the logos items on an ebook reader.  I am in Seminary and will purchase the titles on Logos if they are available. But then I have to sit at the computer to read my reading assignments.  Ugh.  Last time I copied my assigned reading into MS word, converted them to pdf, and uploaded to my kindle dx.  Cumbersome - but at least I got my reading finished.

As far as reading on an i-phone - all I can say is - try reading 50+ pages on an iphone and you’ll be burned out.  Same for the ipad.  The issue is reading from a backlit screen.  The kindle is not backlit which makes it much easier on the yes. 

Posts 62
Geoff Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2010 1:15 PM

I just want to add a vote for the Nook to this discussion. It may not be the best e-book reader, but it is the one I have, and I enjoy using it to read away from my house. I can take to the gym and ready while on a treadmill, and it is much handier when traveling than booting up a laptop. I know the iPad is the hot new thing, but I already own the Nook, and it would be simply superb if I could take a book from my Logos collection with me anywhere I might go.

I have thought about printing to a PDF and then moving the PDF to the Nook; in theory this should work, though I haven't tried it yet. But it would be cumbersome to do that with all the books I might want to travel with.

Posts 4
Alan Head | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 27 2010 5:36 PM

Yes, I have a Nook and the screen is amazing for reading compared to my iPhone or a computer screen.

Logos, with the pricing dropping steadily on these devices (Nook vs. Kindle price war right now) I think they will only become more popular and would be a good outlet for expansion.

Posts 41
LogosEmployee
Phillip | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 2 2010 2:13 PM

Does anyone know if the link below works on the Nook?

http://library.logos.com

Win 7 x64 | Core i7 2600k @ 4.6GHz | 8GB RAM @ 1866MHz | Intel SSD G2

Posts 172
NYSERVANT | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 5 2010 9:35 PM

Yes, but:

1.  You must be in Wifi for it to be accessible.  The 3g connection does not work for internet use like this.  

2.  Very slow loading.  Takes a long time to change pages

3.  Improper formatting.  You can't read a whole page on just one screen shot.  

I just bought my wife the nook and I would love to be able to access my logos books on it.  I tried to get her to wait for the innoversal (a windows based tablet with the pixel qi screen) but she wanted her ebook reader now.  

Any ideas on when compatibility with another product other than apple products will happen?

Posts 401
Timothy Ha | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 7 2010 9:00 PM

A light-weight reader on PC would be good, too.  I am using a Tablet and could benefit more from a light-weight reader of my purchased Logos books.

JesusChrist.ru - Russian Christian Portal, with free Bible software; Timh.ru - blog

Posts 3808
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 7 2010 9:05 PM

Timothy Ha:
A light-weight reader on PC would be good, too.  I am using a Tablet and could benefit more from a light-weight reader of my purchased Logos books.

Yes

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 10
Thomas Fleming | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 7 2010 11:31 PM

Agreed.  That is why I try to keep my books current in Libronix 3.  I am not using libronix presently.  But I envision such a scenario.  It is not lightweight, but it is much lighter than Logos 4.  Logos 4 is powerful, but limits the computers that can use it effectively. 

Posts 37
steve haworth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 12 2010 10:41 PM

Yeah i also would like an easy way to read logos books with e-ink - ipad has to much glare for reading long term

i have an i irex digital reader - perfect for reading pdf's - i'm just reseraching an easy way to get logos books to pdf's - any ideas? 

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS