Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 29 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 37
steve haworth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 12 2010 11:01 PM

ok found quick solution to this problem. 

I can now copy entire books in matter1 of seconds - transfer them to word - transfer them to pdf - read on my pdf reader. 

This is the only way i found to copy books quickly (rather than scrolling through the book which takes ages)

1. left click and highlight book title - keep the left mouse button held down

2. while left mouse button held down , press the right mouse button

3. a menu pops up when you press the right mouse and when it does you can let go of left mouse button

4. now scroll down to the end of the book real quick with the side scrollers (should take 2 seconds)

5. the whole book is now highlighted, the menu is still open and you can press "copy" 

6. that's the hard part ..now just copy into word and save as pdf and bingo, you can import into your e-book reader ^.^

Posts 37
steve haworth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 12 2010 11:03 PM

p.s. the above process really should only take about 20 seconds to get your libronix book into a pdf

Posts 37
steve haworth | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 13 2010 7:54 AM

sorry guys ...on step four i use a     #mce_temp_url#

Posts 1
Stephen Dufresne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 2 2010 2:28 PM

I can't get that system to work the side scrolls do not highlight the whole text, I end up with only the last 5 or 6 pages copied. And the menu doesn't stay up as soon as I use left click to scroll down the side.

Posts 5458
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 2 2010 3:14 PM

I tried using my friend's i-phone app to look up some stuff in Logos and found it to be sheer misery. I don't like anything apple makes, period. My guess is I will probably not ever bother with an e-book reader either. I doubt it would be quite as annoying, but I don't mind reading books on my laptop...in fact, I find that I read much more quickly--even compared to printed text--when I increase the font size and read in a floating tab. I blazed through a book in a few hours that would have taken me a couple of days at least if I were reading the hard copy. I doubt I would have the same experience with a reader. But over and above the issue of reading speed and comfort, there isn't a whole lot I can read in my library that doesn't have me wanting to type notes of some kind, whether it be for the resource I'm reading, or copying notes into my bible. So I am back to using my laptop again. I HATE pecking one letter at a time on little hand-held gizmos.

I have a couple of friends who have i-pads, one of which also uses Logos (at my prodding). They sit by each other pointing at each other's screens during study, acknowledging each other as part of the i-n crowd. I feel sorry for them...I have twice as much real estate and can use it probably 20 times more effectively with dozens of resources opened...and they're over there swiping away at that mini-screen. Bah...HUMBUG! Ick!

Just some thoughts from someone who isn't on this particular bandwagon.

LONG LIVE THE LAPTOP!!!! Yes

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 7 2010 3:22 AM

David Paul:
LONG LIVE THE LAPTOP!!!! Yes

David, I understand your feeling about the iPad "inner circle" mentality and hype. I use laptop for reading and studying all the time. However, I found myself that in the situations I would not be able to read any books and I would just listen radio or do nothing (I still can pray, yes... :-O) and I haven't expected to have any time to wait, I do not have my laptop with me but I always, I mean always, have my iPhone with me. I open Logos and here I am, continuing my reading... excellent, convenient, easy, just great.

I am thinking: would iPad be that practical for me also? No, not at all, because I would have it with me only in the situations I plan to have some time for reading. But in those situations I have my laptop with me also, so what is the point in having iPad? I found a combination of laptop and iPhone/Android phone/Blackberry etc. is just the best. So I agree with all who call for having Logos on those platforms.

Bohuslav

Posts 401
Timothy Ha | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 7 2010 3:26 AM

Bohuslav Wojnar:
I am thinking: would iPad be that practical for me also? No, not at all, because I would have it with me only in the situations I plan to have some time for reading. But in those situations I have my laptop with me also, so what is the point in having iPad?

Your thought is interesting.  I am still considering whether I need an iPad or not.  It is just too expensive right now.  Perhaps a large LCD monitor at home for better Bible study with the laptop is still a better purchase :-)

JesusChrist.ru - Russian Christian Portal, with free Bible software; Timh.ru - blog

Posts 11
Ron Baughman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 6 2010 2:23 PM

I doubt I'll buy any more Logos books until there's some clarity about how to get the books I've already paid for onto my Nook.

With traditional DTBs (dead tree books) I never had to worry about format or having to repurchase.... now that's a legitimate concern for anything I buy to read.  The convenience of having a library in your hand, or to download something new via WiFi or 3G makes it the route of choice for new literary purchases.

Posts 401
Timothy Ha | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 6 2010 2:38 PM

The Print/Export functionality can now export up to 100 pages in PDF and/or other formats so you can bring parts of the books to your E-reader.

JesusChrist.ru - Russian Christian Portal, with free Bible software; Timh.ru - blog

Posts 173
NYSERVANT | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 6 2010 11:03 PM

I send it as a word file and then I use stanza to turn it into a .pub file

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS