How To Change picture resouce (Smith Bible Dictionary) displayed on Verbum homepage

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 22
Rob Henderson | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 24 2013 2:01 PM

My present Verbum library home page displays a feed of pictures and captions from the Smith Bible dictionary which tend to be old and black and white.  Is there a way to change this feed to another book with color pictures?  I'm open to book selections too.  I had Logos 4 Silver and upgraded to the second highest verbum package which defaults to this resource (Smith's).

Posts 36041
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 24 2013 2:04 PM

I thought that L4 and L5 both selected the homepage image randomly. I don't think it is settable.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 24 2013 11:43 PM

I doubt it will help, but you could try shift-F5 to clear the Homepage cache.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 30640
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 25 2013 4:35 AM

The ability to select resources to pull from on the homepage is a good one… however, the homepage is designed by Logos to provide serendipity from your entire library. Wink

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 12566
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 25 2013 5:31 AM

Rob Henderson:

My present Verbum library home page displays a feed of pictures and captions from the Smith Bible dictionary which tend to be old and black and white.  Is there a way to change this feed to another book with color pictures?  I'm open to book selections too.  I had Logos 4 Silver and upgraded to the second highest verbum package which defaults to this resource (Smith's).

Rob, I think you got the drift of the previous answers: the L4/5 Homepage - regardless of the base backage configuration you use - will display the pictures at random from the resources available in your library, there's no configuration to have it favor a specific resource or a specific kind of pictures (such as color over b/w). I think, simply clicking F5 should suffice to have the homepage rebuild and different pictures selected - if not, the tip with Ctrl-F5 or Shift-F5 to clear the Homepage cache might work. There should be a number of dictionaries etc. with pretty pictures in your library, not only Smith's. If you add the free Faithlife Study Bible, it comes with a bunch of nice picture resources, too.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 22
Rob Henderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 25 2013 2:29 PM

Thanks for answers and concern.   I appreciate it.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS