Bug: Replace with Passage Still does not Copy Bible Verses Correctly

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 113
Samuel | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 25 2013 5:21 AM

Seeing that the new version fixed a bug related to Microsoft Word, I tried the "replace with passage" service again in Word to see it works correctly now. However, it still does not format the verse correctly. In my case, the most immediate formatting missing is that my verse numbers should be superscript and if I use "Replace with Passage" then verse numbers are not formatted. However, if I copy the verse from Logos and then paste it into Word, the verses are superscript. From the past, I seem to remember that replace with passage was ignoring any verse formatting.

Posts 260
Pastor Cleghorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 25 2013 8:19 AM

I, too, have and am still having problems with CVB. 

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/64763/483423.aspx#483423

I was told it would be fixed in 5.1. It may be because I am using Word 2010 but I'm not sure. In the mean time I am using another program to insert verses into my sermons.

Posts 9147
LogosEmployee

Samuel Clough:

However, it still does not format the verse correctly. In my case, the most immediate formatting missing is that my verse numbers should be superscript and if I use "Replace with Passage" then verse numbers are not formatted. However, if I copy the verse from Logos and then paste it into Word, the verses are superscript. From the past, I seem to remember that replace with passage was ignoring any verse formatting.

As stated on the support article page (http://www.logos.com/articleviewer/530), "The Logos Smart Tag will only insert plain text (with no formatting) when the Replace with Passage action is used; to insert formatted text, use Copy Bible Verses."

This is a limitation Microsoft Word places upon Smart Tags; we do not plan to improve this.

Posts 9147
LogosEmployee

dcleghorn:

I, too, have and am still having problems with CVB. 

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/64763/483423.aspx#483423

I was told it would be fixed in 5.1.

This is a different problem (to the original post), and will indeed be fixed in 5.1.

Posts 113
Samuel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 25 2013 9:30 AM

I'm not talking about the Logos "Smart Tag". I'm on OSX, not Windows. Word is where I experience this problem, but it is a problem in any application where I use the Replace with Passage service. In every case, it does not include the formatting that is included when I use the CBV tool.

This is a bug because Replace with Passage should be doing exactly the same thing as using the CBV tool to "Copy and Paste." If I use "Copy and Paste" it goes into Word with the correct formatting, so it should do the same when I use "Replace with Passage" to save having to switch to Logos.

Posts 9147
LogosEmployee

Samuel Clough:

I'm not talking about the Logos "Smart Tag". I'm on OSX, not Windows.

Sorry, I missed the word "service" in your original post.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS