I need a PDF converter to Word document.

Page 1 of 3 (42 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 41 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 3205
Tes | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 25 2013 8:56 AM

Can someone recommend me  a free one?

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 872
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 25 2013 9:06 AM

Hi, Tes:

Are you looking for an app to convert some format to PDF? Which format?

Are you looking for an app to convert PDF to some format? Which format?

Posts 3205
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 25 2013 10:28 AM

Jack Hairston:

Hi, Tes:

Are you looking for an app to convert some format to PDF? Which format?

Are you looking for an app to convert PDF to some format? Which format?

Hi Jack,thank you for reminding me ,I have forgotten to mention for which I need it,but now I have edited it. It is to Word document.Which means a free of charge.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 872
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 25 2013 11:34 AM

If you have Microsoft Word, It can save its own Word files as PDF format, but cannot open a PDF file.

If you pray to St. Google PDF to Word converter you will see several free ones.

Posts 3205
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 25 2013 11:39 AM

[quote user="Jack Hairston"]

If you have Microsoft Word, It can save its own Word files as PDF format, but cannot open a PDF file.

If you pray to St. Google PDF to Word converter you will see several free ones.

[/quote]

I want it for PBB.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 19315
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 25 2013 12:07 PM

Jack Hairston:

Word 2013 can open PDF files and does a very good job of converting them to .docx files. The free ones don't do a good job. There are several threads about them, though: 

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/46204.aspx

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/37096.aspx

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/44040.aspx

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/63580.aspx

Now, I wonder how long it's going to take for the spammers to show up with links to junky websites for pdf conversion. (I'm talking about random strangers who have never been participants in these forums who just go googling around looking for forums to hawk their wares on, not Logos users recommending free PDF converters they happen to know about.)

Posts 2466
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 25 2013 12:33 PM

Rosie Perera:

Word 2013 can open PDF files and does a very good job of converting them to .docx files. The free ones don't do a good job.

I concur with Rosie. Yes The only problem I have had with the Word 2013 conversion from PDF was when the original document was in 2 columns and word converted it to one column.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 3205
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 25 2013 4:07 PM

Thank you Jack,Rosie and David,that's a good idea.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 19315
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 25 2013 8:35 PM

Winifred:

Yep .just download a plugin for MS-word ,then you can save word file to pdf. if you' wanna batch conversion ,you just need to search for a third part software.As for me,I would like to use component of word ducoment conversion .  [link redacted]

See, what did I say about the spammers?

Posts 808
Kevin Maples | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 26 2013 5:29 AM

I know your question was about free software, but I thought I would throw this one out for anyone who does enough conversion to justify paying for an application for it. I have been using ABBYY FineReader 11 and it does an outstanding job. It also does text recognition, so you can scan in something and convert it as well. I know a lot of programs can do this, but the ABBYY FineReader 11 does it really well. It is probably 99% accurate on recognition. There may be others just as good, but this is the one I know about. 

Posts 18
Eric Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2013 9:42 PM

Check with cnet.com in their download area. At least that way you will have many choices to better meet your needs.

Posts 3205
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 2 2013 5:38 AM

[quote user="Rosie Perera"]Word 2013 can open PDF files and does a very good job of converting them to

[/quote]

Is it possible with the home and student  version?

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 2 2013 6:12 AM

Tes:

[quote user="Rosie Perera"]Word 2013 can open PDF files and does a very good job of converting them to

[/quote]

Is it possible with the home and student  version?

Peace Tes!              I think there is only ONE version of Word.  I think there's a difference in pricing re. packaging of products.   

BTW, I really like the way it converts .pdf to .docx!        *smile*      

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 3205
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 2 2013 7:42 AM

Is it possible with "Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013"?

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 2 2013 7:52 AM

Tes, others may correct me in case I am incorrect; however, I repeat !!!!  ................

There is only ONE version of Word 2013 ...   the one referred to by Rosie  ............              Microsoft has different pricing arrangements whereby one might purchase Word 2013, for example Home and Student  ....

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 3205
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 2 2013 8:06 AM

Milford Charles Murray:

Tes, others may correct me in case I am incorrect; however, I repeat !!!!  ................

There is only ONE version of Word 2013 ...   the one referred to by Rosie  ............              Microsoft has different pricing arrangements whereby one might purchase Word 2013, for example Home and Student  ....

Hi Milford,yes there is one version,but there are "Microsoft Office Home and Business 2013" and Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 29804
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 2 2013 8:11 AM

Tes… one last try.

Microsoft bundles their office products to different groups of people, with different needs. There is only ONE version of Word 2013, but it comes packaged in different bundles. It doesn't matter which way you purchase it, Word 2013 is Word 2013.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3205
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 2 2013 8:31 AM

I have called to a computer shop here in Frankfurt ,some one from the shop told me that he doesn't believe that the home and student 2013 can.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 2466
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 2 2013 9:41 AM

Word 2013 is included in all the Office Suites. Going with more expensive suites adds programs like Outlook, Publisher and Access. As has been said by others Word 2013 (with the ability to open and OCR PDFs) is the same in all suites.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/buy/compare-microsoft-office-products-subscription-plans-FX102898564.aspx 

Microsoft does offer a 1 month free trial of Office, but I am unsure if it applies in all countries of the world.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 3205
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 2 2013 11:39 AM

David Thomas:

Word 2013 is included in all the Office Suites. Going with more expensive suites adds programs like Outlook, Publisher and Access. As has been said by others Word 2013 (with the ability to open and OCR PDFs) is the same in all suites.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/buy/compare-microsoft-office-products-subscription-plans-FX102898564.aspx 

Microsoft does offer a 1 month free trial of Office, but I am unsure if it applies in all countries of the world.

Thank you David,for the info. I could not be sure ,wether the Home and Student could convert from PDF to Word document, I would like to hear if there is some one  who has tried it.

Blessings in Christ.

Page 1 of 3 (42 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS