Unable to start Logos

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 12
David De Haan | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 25 2013 7:57 PM

Greetings friends,

This is the first time ever that I've had a problem updating/starting Logos5.  With the last update procedure my anti-virus software prevented (and deleted I believe) LogosIndexer.exe(config?).  Actually Logos came up and appeared normal although indexing didn't begin to take place.  When I re-started the computer some while later Logos wouldn't start and the dialog message "Logos Bible Software 5 has stopped working"

I could only find this one Error Log file... no Indexer file.  This is on the Windows Vista operating system.  I did try the Ctrl holding, the .js logging and doing the .reg key insert but got no new log files.  Maybe I misunderstood the Wiki?

Any ideas for help here would really be appreciated!  Thank you in advance.  6215.LogosError.zip

Posts 25050
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 25 2013 8:13 PM

David De Haan:
With the last update procedure my anti-virus software prevented (and deleted I believe) LogosIndexer.exe(config?)

First ensure your anti-virus program will ignore/exclude anything in the C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Local\Logos4 folder. Then go to Control Panel > Programs and Features, look for Logos Bible Software 5, right click and select Repair.

This should restore any missing files including LogosIndexer.exe.config

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 12
David De Haan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 26 2013 4:36 AM

That was great information Dave!  Thank you.  I followed that through and Logos is back running and I learned a couple important bonus lessons.

Dave

Posts 25050
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 26 2013 7:20 PM

You're welcome.

Note that Repair will only restore software installation files and not user documents/files.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS