crashing upon opening

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Jeff Chandler | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 30 2013 5:39 AM

Logos has been crashing whenever I try to open it.  It only happens on my office laptop, not the home one.  I read an article in the user forum by someone with the same problem and have followed the steps of putting the logos log in a zip file and attaching it. That file is below.

7418.Logos Log Files.zip

Thanks for the help.

Posts 26364
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2013 6:16 AM

It looks like you have a corrupt Layouts database. Delete the folder C:\Users\jeff\AppData\Local\Logos5\Documents\xb1cj25o.hpg\LayoutManager and restart Logos.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 6
Jeff Chandler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2013 8:26 AM

Thanks, Dave.  I did that and Logos did open.  When I went to change to a different layout, it crashed, then added an update.  The update called for a restart, which I did, and it's been "preparing the library" for over an hour.  Did that about a week ago, too.

Posts 26364
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2013 2:07 PM

If you can open the same layout without crashing on the other computer, I would suspect a hard drive issue and run chkdsk or other HD utility.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 6
Jeff Chandler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 15 2013 5:32 AM

So, I was away a week. 

Ran the chkdsk and now have different triggers, but the same effects.  If I do a search, the program closes.  I deleted a number of my layouts since some seemed to trigger closing the program and others didn't.

Posts 26364
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 15 2013 6:03 AM

Please post logs so we can see what is happening (I need logos.log/Logosindexer.log from just after the event).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS