reading books

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 12 2009 7:31 PM

My eyes are not as they were.  Is there a way to change font size like we could a while back?  We were able to do that, right?

William

Posts 32168
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 7:43 PM

Click in the left hand corner where you see a thumbnail of the book. The popup has a slider bar at the top that adjusts the font.

Simpler solution - I have a keyboard with a built in slider so I don't have to remember how to do it in particular applications.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2482
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 7:45 PM

Yes there is.

Click on the down arrow in the upper left corner of the tab of the book you are reading.  This will open up a drop down menu.  Moving the bar between the little and large "A" will make your font larger or smaller.

I hope this is clear.  Firefox will not allow me to paste a screen shot.

Posts 32168
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 7:49 PM

RonaldQuick:
Firefox will not allow me to paste a screen shot.

I use Firefox successfully to paste screen shots made with FoxArc ... although there have been some quirks with the forum software appending a bit of garbage at the end. What problems are you running into?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 39
John A. Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 7:54 PM

William,

You can adjust font size for everything in Tools/Settings/Program Settings.

Or quickly for individual resources as pictured below:

John A. Taylor - L5 Portfolio+++ = A Great Library!

"A life in His love and fellowship will make prayer to Him the natural expression of our soul's life." ~ Andrew Murray

Posts 2482
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 7:57 PM

Apparently there are some settings I have to change.  Below is the beginning paragraph from Firefox from this link http://www.mozilla.org/editor/midasdemo/securityprefs.html

To protect users' private information, unprivileged scripts cannot invoke the Cut, Copy, and Paste commands in the Mozilla rich text editor, so the corresponding buttons on the Mozilla Rich Text Editing demo page will not work. To enable these functions for purposes of the demo, you must modify your browser preferences.

This is followed by a set of instructions on how to change my settings.

Posts 229
Gerald P. Swetsky | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 8:26 PM

Talk about hijacking a thread!!!! 

Well, since WilliamBingham seems to have three answers to his question, I'd like to know what Firefox has to do with cutting and pasting screen shots!

John A. Taylor knows how to cut and paste screen shots.  And so do I.  If your FF is causing a problem pasting screen shots, get rid of the extension causing the problem.  Firefox works fine for me.

Gerry

Posts 139
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 8:39 PM

In addition to changing the font size on a per-book basis, you can change it for the interface as a whole, either by typing into the command bar ( e.g. "set program scaling to 120%") or by opening Tools > Settings > Program Settings and changing the program scaling. 

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 9:19 PM

Ronald,

No one "pastes" screen shots. We upload a file...

Posts 32168
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 9:40 PM

Damian McGrath:
No one "pastes" screen shots.

Thanks for noting the obvious - I was still trying to figure out how he got the error message. Embarrassed

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 11:10 PM

MJ. Smith:
Simpler solution - I have a keyboard with a built in slider so I don't have to remember how to do it in particular applications

At the risk of incurring the wrath of Gerald, What keyboard is that MJ? I might need one.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 32168
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 11:17 PM

It's a Logitech Bluetooth Desktop MX5000 - it's the first keyboard I've really liked.

Posts 19223
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 11:21 PM

Matthew C Jones:

MJ. Smith:
Simpler solution - I have a keyboard with a built in slider so I don't have to remember how to do it in particular applications

At the risk of incurring the wrath of Gerald, What keyboard is that MJ? I might need one.

In many Windows applications (Word, Excel, Windows Explorer, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.), if you hold down the Control key and then move the scroll button on your mouse up/down, the font size (actually the magnification of everything within the app window) will increase/decrease. Doesn't work in Logos, though. Pity.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS