Requesting user feedback: Send to Kindle feature

Page 9 of 24 (471 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last »
This post has 470 Replies | 19 Followers

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 22 2013 5:14 AM

I've just had a pretty frustrating morning converting to Kindle or ePub using Word/Calibre, so I'd certainly like this feature.

Posts 10
David Blowes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 22 2013 6:33 PM

Yes please!

For me logos has become a tool to do referencing work, rather than reading work, since it's just too painful to read long text on (compared to my kindle).  I don't care about notes on kindle, since I used it for reading, not referencing.  

Please give us this feature!

Posts 3662
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 23 2013 3:22 PM

I'd be even more interested in a Bible app for Kindle that had all the current features....

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 23 2013 3:41 PM

BillS:
I'd be even more interested in a Bible app for Kindle that had all the current features....

Kindle's aren't capable of running apps like Logos, are they? NOTE: we aren't talking about the Fire, which already runs the android app.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 23 2013 3:45 PM

alabama24:
Kindle's aren't capable of running apps like Logos, are they?

No. Most other e-readers are, though, but only if you root them. Unfortunately, though, the Logos Android app won't run even on rooted e-Readers because it requires too high a version of Android.

Posts 7
Jeff Vdovjak | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 23 2013 5:26 PM

This would be awesome!  Right now, I print the book into .txt and email it to my kindle.  Would save a step -- and possibly look better (a .mobi file instead of .txt).

Also, it's time consuming, and sometimes crashes Logos, because you have to select each section of the book (which can be TONS!).  Though sometimes I only want to send a piece of the book.  It would be nice to at least have a "select all" box.

----------------
Church Nursery Pagers from NurseryPager.com -- Turn cell phones into nursery pagers and save your church money.  $10/month.  Try it free!

Posts 20
David R | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 27 2013 3:48 AM

Mark Barnes:

alabama24:
Kindle's aren't capable of running apps like Logos, are they?

No. Most other e-readers are, though, but only if you root them. Unfortunately, though, the Logos Android app won't run even on rooted e-Readers because it requires too high a version of Android.

Mark, could you elaborate on this? I was thinking about purchasing a Kindle Fire for the purposes of reading kindle books along with my Logos library. Are you saying the Logos kindle app doesn't work on Kindle Fire? Thanks.

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 27 2013 3:57 AM

David Rickman:
Are you saying the Logos kindle app doesn't work on Kindle Fire?

No, I'm not saying that. I will run on the Kindle Fire. I classify the Kindle Fire as a tablet, not an e-reader, so I wasn't including it in my statement.

Posts 46
Cheez | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 27 2013 4:07 AM

My preference - reference books be on the computer; books meant to be read (not for reference) should be in print form because it's easier to read and easier on the eyes.

So...if Logos is going to implement send to Kindle function, that would dramatically change my reading practices. Furthermore, I'll probably get more non-reference books from Logos so I could read it on Kindle. At this stage, I stay away from purchasing non-reference books from Logos for this one reason - difficulty in reading it on a tablet for a long-period of time.

So, I would say, "Yes" to Kindle!

Posts 20
David R | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 27 2013 4:13 AM

Mark Barnes:

David Rickman:
Are you saying the Logos kindle app doesn't work on Kindle Fire?

No, I'm not saying that. I will run on the Kindle Fire. I classify the Kindle Fire as a tablet, not an e-reader, so I wasn't including it in my statement.

Thanks Mark....I was just searching the forums looking for any comments on the kindle stuff in considering a purchase. Thanks for clarifying.

Posts 308
Dean J | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 27 2013 9:56 AM

alabama24:

Yes... but for many people it isn't an "extra" choice, but the "only" choice. For example: A Kindle is $69. An iPad (my preferred device) is $399 (for a mini). Also, there are people who prefer an "eInk" reader, which is more "natural" and has the added benefit of being visible in full light. I don't have a Kindle, and if I could only have one device, it would be an iPad... but if Logos goes through with this, I would probably pick up a Kindle during black friday.

Exactly, I have a laptop for heavy duty work, and a cheap Kindle device for reading. I also agree with Mark--my reading has gone up since purchasing the Kindle, and I would like to be able to read through some of my Logos books on that device. 

Posts 7
Andley Chang | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 28 2013 1:46 AM

YES, absolutely !!

Posts 808
Kevin Maples | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 28 2013 6:47 AM

Suggestion: It would be wonderful if Logos would develop their own e-ink tablet that was fully functional. Just like Amazon has their own proprietary device (Kindle). The functionality of the Logos mobile app on the iPad or Andriod, combined with the easy reading of e-ink would dominate the Christian book market.  

Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 28 2013 7:14 AM

Kevin Maples:
Suggestion: It would be wonderful if Logos would develop their own e-ink tablet that was fully functional. Just like Amazon has their own proprietary device (Kindle).

Why? That would be a quick way for Logos to go out of business. There is no way Logos could compete with Amazon, so why bother? Much larger companies like Barnes & Noble are on their death beds in the attempt.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2718
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 28 2013 8:37 AM

Please!!!???

Posts 308
Dean J | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 28 2013 9:57 AM

Kevin Maples:

Suggestion: It would be wonderful if Logos would develop their own e-ink tablet that was fully functional. Just like Amazon has their own proprietary device (Kindle). The functionality of the Logos mobile app on the iPad or Andriod, combined with the easy reading of e-ink would dominate the Christian book market.  

I'm not going to go out and buy another device. I have kindle. I have a computer for Logos. If I had money to throw around on devices, I'd get a hand-held device like a Tablet (e-ink or not) to read on the go. 

However, if there was a way to read Logos on Kindle, that would boost Kindle sales and perhaps give Logos some leverage.

Posts 451
Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 28 2013 10:44 AM

Kevin Maples:
would dominate the Christian book market.  

That's not much of a market. It's been done before, Family Christian Stores came out with their own tablet, but due to economies of scale it wasn't anywhere near the capabilities of similar devices in its price range. In fact, I'm fairly sure that even Amazon sells Kindles at a loss and make up for that in book sales. Logos has nowhere near the market size (nor capital, I imagine) to sell an e-ink tablet at a remotely competitive price.

Posts 670
Sleiman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 28 2013 10:49 AM

Tonya J Ross:
Before investing a significant amount of time on this item, we would like to assess user interest
Tonya, are ~175 positive replies to a post on the forums (and 480 votes on uservoice) considered to be a good indication that users are really interested? Is this sufficient for Logos to go ahead and "invest a significant amount of time" on this feature? Appreciate an update. Thanks!

Posts 3
H David Holbrook | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 28 2013 11:13 AM

I would definitely be interested in a Send To Kindle Feature.

Thanks

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 29 2013 12:42 PM

Tonya J Ross:

Development is considering implementing a 'Send to Kindle' feature for resources in your Logos library.  

Before investing a significant amount of time on this item, we would like to assess user interest based on the fact that this feature would not support sending notes/highlights to or receiving notes/highlights from Kindle devices/apps (which is mentioned in the UserVoice request for this item).

Please let us know if you would still be interested in seeing this feature.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!  I have been waiting for years for this one!

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!! I have been waiting for years for this one!

Charlene

Page 9 of 24 (471 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS