Requesting user feedback: Send to Kindle feature

Page 16 of 24 (471 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last »
This post has 470 Replies | 19 Followers

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2013 10:57 AM

Looks like the leak is official. Starts shipping September 30th in the US

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AWH595M/ref=fs_cl

Posts 769
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2013 11:02 AM

16 pages of replies and discussion, Logos.

Please throw us something?

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2013 12:37 PM

Yes please send us a bone!

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2013 3:32 PM

Keith Larson:

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 4 2013 7:55 AM

I believe the first post was a bone.

Tonya J Ross:

Development is considering implementing a 'Send to Kindle' feature for resources in your Logos library.  

Before investing a significant amount of time on this item, we would like to assess user interest based on the fact that this feature would not support sending notes/highlights to or receiving notes/highlights from Kindle devices/apps (which is mentioned in the UserVoice request for this item).

Please let us know if you would still be interested in seeing this feature.

Now, we're just chewin' on it.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 769
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 4 2013 8:36 AM

Maybe, but 4 months without an update is a long time to chew.

This is especially true for someone (me) who has almost begged for this feature for 3 years.

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 4 2013 9:10 AM

Yes

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 9627
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 4 2013 10:39 AM

Keith Larson:

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 24
Nicholas Roland | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 5 2013 6:51 AM

Yes please! I much prefer reading on my kindle to reading on an lcd screen, and this would make my library much more accessible to me.  I sometimes buy books that I plan to read cover to cover rather than as a reference on amazon rather than logos because of this preference. Having an export to kindle feature would be more incentive to stick with buying resources from logos. While it would be nice to have notes/highlighting synced across both, that's understandable. I'm still very much interested in this feature without the notes/highlighting carry over.

Posts 44
A.A. van der Leij | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 14 2013 4:43 AM

For many years I have mentioned this, but never any response. So I had allready given up. I now have to copy everything to word and then sent it to my Kindle. I would love to have this feature in Logos, it makes Logos so much better. The books in Logos are not only for study and prep., they are also nice to just read. And reading on a laptop or reading on a Kindle is a big difference. If I could add a request, I would not only like to copy a whole book to Kindle, but I would also appreciate it if I could sent parts of the book to Kindle. When I prepare for a sermon for example, or biblestudy, I Always copy parts of the book (mostly commentaries) to my kindle, and read them as part of  my prep. Thank you in advance for taking the time and the resources to create this feature.

Kind regards,
André van der Leij

Mat 6:33

Posts 44
A.A. van der Leij | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 14 2013 4:50 AM

Amazon is very generous in replacing broken Kindle's for free. I'm on my fourth device and have never been asked to pay additional money.

Posts 3297
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 14 2013 7:27 AM

A.A. van der Leij:

For many years I have mentioned this, but never any response. So I had allready given up. I now have to copy everything to word and then sent it to my Kindle. I would love to have this feature in Logos, it makes Logos so much better. The books in Logos are not only for study and prep., they are also nice to just read. And reading on a laptop or reading on a Kindle is a big difference. If I could add a request, I would not only like to copy a whole book to Kindle, but I would also appreciate it if I could sent parts of the book to Kindle. When I prepare for a sermon for example, or biblestudy, I Always copy parts of the book (mostly commentaries) to my kindle, and read them as part of  my prep. Thank you in advance for taking the time and the resources to create this feature.

Kind regards,
André van der Leij

I agree, sometimes I just want to read, and I HATE reading on my laptop for long periods of time.  Too much eye strain.  My Kindle is perfect for that.  That being said, I know that I can do that via export to Word but like you said, it would be nice to be able to do the entire resource.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 938
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 14 2013 7:40 AM

I would love to hear an update on this. It seems that many of us have Logos books that we would like to read on a Kindle instead of a computer. Even though I can read them on my iPad, I still prefer the e-ink Kindle for simply reading a book.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 670
Sleiman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 14 2013 10:09 AM

A.A. van der Leij:
I'm on my fourth device
so do they break easily?

Posts 44
A.A. van der Leij | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 14 2013 10:46 AM

I don't know, I just had some bad luck, I couldn't say if they break quickly. I just know that when they do break, Amazon is very kind in replacing it. Even when I don't buy a lot of books from Amazon. Here in the Netherlands we are legally alowed to download books for free, as long as it's for our own use, so I don't need to buy much. And I use my kindle a lot for my Logos books, but you cannot put the author to the word document.

Posts 1776
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 14 2013 11:23 AM

I would enjoy this but miss my notes and new underlines not being able to report back to Logos.

I say go for it still though.

Posts 87
Pinoy Preacher | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 15 2013 5:21 AM

Yes

There's a big diffirence between reading for research and reading for pure enjoyment. The Logos desktop application is great for the former but nothing beats Kindle E Ink Readers when it comes to the latter. Hoping to see this feature in the near future!

Posts 1
Daniel Garratt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2013 6:07 AM

I totally agree Nicholas! There are many books lying unread in my Logos library because I just can't stand trying to read it off my laptop. Very uncomfortable, There's a book I'm conisdering buying now from Logos, but looking to see if it's rather available on Amazon so I can read on e-ink....

Posts 904
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 20 2013 8:37 AM

My apologies if this has already been posted (I won't take the time to read all 16 pages of this thread to be sure), but here is a perfectly legitimate and supported method for exporting Logos resources to Kindle.

"I read dead people..."

Posts 3297
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 20 2013 8:48 AM

Brother Mark:

My apologies if this has already been posted (I won't take the time to read all 16 pages of this thread to be sure), but here is a perfectly legitimate and supported method for exporting Logos resources to Kindle.

Mark thanks for the post.  I've been doing that for a while.  For those of you who want your books on Kindle now please please please visit marks site.  It does an excellent job of explaining the process step by step.

For those like me who already do this, yes, I will still keep bringing the Send to Kindle option up to save me tons of work and headaches! Yes

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Page 16 of 24 (471 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last » | RSS