Requesting user feedback: Send to Kindle feature

Page 17 of 24 (471 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next > ... Last »
This post has 470 Replies | 19 Followers

Posts 44
A.A. van der Leij | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 20 2013 11:56 PM

Dear Mark,

Thank you so much for your reply, that is really helpful.

I wonder however, why do you use Calibre for creating a ToC. You can quit easily do that in Word itself. Are you aware of this feature in Word? And if you are, is there any reason why you prefer to use Calibre?

I'd like to hear your input on that.

Greetings,
André van der Leij

Mat 6:33

Posts 452
Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 21 2013 12:54 AM

So far, the guide posted last year by Fr Devin Roza is the best method I've found for exporting my Logos books to Kindle. It's somewhat time-consuming, but the final product is quite good. Footnotes are fully function, as is the ToC.

I would love for Logos to integrate this functionality into the software though. It would make things a lot faster and easier.

Posts 44
A.A. van der Leij | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 21 2013 12:57 PM

Unfortunately, when using the export function, it only allows you to export a max of 100 pages, so for exporting a whole book it's not the best method.

So Logos, please insert the new function.

Posts 44
A.A. van der Leij | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 21 2013 1:51 PM

Since there seem to be a lot of questions about the legality of copying logos books to kindle, it would be great to have the export to kindle included in logos, so that there can be no question about the legality anymore.

Posts 1562
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 5 2013 8:05 AM

Jerry Bush:

16 pages of replies and discussion, Logos.

Please throw us something?

Jerry

And now 17 pages.

I was going to ask if there was a better chance of getting a response from Logos if this was added as a User Voice feature request so we could vote on it.  But before asking, I checked to see if such requests were already there.  Such requests do already exist, but what caught my attention is that some--e.g. "Make it possible to export books from my library to my kindle e-reader", have a status of DECLINED and you're not allowed the option to vote on them.  I assume that means Logos was saying something along the lines of "No--it ain't gonna happen, so voting isn't even an option."

But... since they seem to have opened the door with this "Requesting user feedback: Send to Kindle feature" thread, would it be appropriate/useful to submit another User Voice feature request?

Posts 3297
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 5 2013 8:10 AM

RAusdahl:

Jerry Bush:

16 pages of replies and discussion, Logos.

Please throw us something?

Jerry

And now 17 pages.

I was going to ask if there was a better chance of getting a response from Logos if this was added as a User Voice feature request so we could vote on it.  But before asking, I checked to see if such requests were already there.  Such requests do already exist, but what caught my attention is that some--e.g. "Make it possible to export books from my library to my kindle e-reader", have a status of DECLINED and you're not allowed the option to vote on them.  I assume that means Logos was saying something along the lines of "No--it ain't gonna happen, so voting isn't even an option."

But... since they seem to have opened the door with this "Requesting user feedback: Send to Kindle feature" thread, would it be appropriate/useful to submit another User Voice feature request?

Send it, then link to it so I can vote for it! Yes

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 1562
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 6 2013 5:59 AM

David Taylor Jr:

Send it, then link to it so I can vote for it! Yes

OK, the User Voice feature request has been added.  Here's the link:  http://logosdotcom.uservoice.com/forums/183408-general/suggestions/4536118-add-the-send-to-kindle-feature-presented-by-tony

Posts 33
Chris Burrows | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 7 2013 12:07 PM

Voted, on both. Glad it's still being discussed. Logos sells a lot of books that can be used more in line with 'reading for pleasure', especially when you think of Vyrso. It just makes sense that they be easy to use or get in a format that is much more suited for such reading.

Posts 12
Pastor Brian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 15 2013 8:33 AM

Yes and Yes.  I would love a send to Kindle feature.  I can't read for very long on back lit displays.  eInk is the way to go for long-term reading.

Posts 3297
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 15 2013 8:38 AM

Just bought my 2nd Kindle, now kicking on the new Paperwhite!  Would love to see this feature!

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 28
Fall-Guy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 15 2013 8:57 AM

Brian Witherspoon:

Yes and Yes.  I would love a send to Kindle feature.  I can't read for very long on back lit displays.  eInk is the way to go for long-term reading.

Yes  and Yes It is better for reading outside.

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 6 2013 8:48 AM
Any update on this feature? Is it still even being considered?
Posts 3
Tim K. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 26 2013 2:12 PM

Yes, please!

Posts 9617
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 26 2013 2:46 PM

Welcome to the forums Tim. Thanks for bringing this thread back to the top. We are all hopeful that this will soon be a reality.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 3836
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 26 2013 2:48 PM

Keith Larson:
Any update on this feature? Is it still even being considered?

Has this shown up in the beta as of yet?

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 26 2013 7:04 PM

Floyd Johnson:
Has this shown up in the beta as of yet?

Wiki => http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_5_Beta_Release_Notes is maintained by Logos.

Current 5.2a Beta 1 release notes do not mention Kindle => http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_5.2a_Beta_1

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 24
Dr. Derrick J. Gibson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 27 2013 12:11 AM

I thought I had already downloaded this to one of my kindles and it shows it is available on Amazon but I am unable to get it to work on this kindle that I have on now. It is one of the early kindle fires and I have a newer HD version. But since this program already ran so slowly on my laptop that, I bought a new desktop with much more memory on it to run Logos on. And now it is kicking pretty good on this machine. My laptop only had 4 Gb of memory compared to 24 Gb on this desktop I am currently using. So I would be all for getting this on my kindle if it would open up in less than a minute or so and not slow to a crawl once it was opened and when you were using it. Well there is something to consider while releasing it. To make it enjoyable I am saying.

Derrick

Posts 29717
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 27 2013 4:23 AM

Derrick J. GibsonHP ENVY Phoenix 810st Desktop PC:

I thought I had already downloaded this to one of my kindles and it shows it is available on Amazon but I am unable to get it to work on this kindle that I have on now. It is one of the early kindle fires and I have a newer HD version. But since this program already ran so slowly on my laptop that, I bought a new desktop with much more memory on it to run Logos on. And now it is kicking pretty good on this machine. My laptop only had 4 Gb of memory compared to 24 Gb on this desktop I am currently using. So I would be all for getting this on my kindle if it would open up in less than a minute or so and not slow to a crawl once it was opened and when you were using it. Well there is something to consider while releasing it. To make it enjoyable I am saying.

Derrick

You've lost me somewhere. Wink

This thread isn't about the android app and isn't about kindle fires. It is about the regular kindles. If you have a question about the kindle fire, you need to ask and look around in the android forum. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 24
Dr. Derrick J. Gibson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 27 2013 12:10 PM

Oh my apologies I did not follow the thread entirely before commenting. Again, I am sorry about that!

Posts 1
Joshua Reifsteck | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 18 2014 9:58 AM

This would be amazing.

Page 17 of 24 (471 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next > ... Last » | RSS