Requesting user feedback: Send to Kindle feature

Page 22 of 24 (471 items) « First ... < Previous 20 21 22 23 24 Next >
This post has 470 Replies | 19 Followers

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 10:11 AM

Garrett Mercury:

How soon will this be available for the general public?!?!?

I would assume not long. It needs a good testing, that's what this beta period is for.  Once it is confirmed that the feature isn't broken or breaking something else it will be released in the next "gold" release.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 3312
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 10:23 AM

Jonathan Sine:

David Salazar:

Yes, Scripture hyperlinks are there.  when you click on the scripture, it will take you to the scripture. Same thing with footnotes.

Strange thing is that the table of contents is not hyper-linked, but if you go to the very beginning of the book, after the book cover you'll see another table of contents which is hyper-linked.

Great! Thanks David. I'm hopeful they will straighten out the rest of the hyperlinking.

This probably has to do with the way Amazon accepts the files.  I know with a lot of personal documents for Kindle, even ones I create myself, I end up with 2 TOC after the conversion.  I don't think that is on the Logos side of things.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 1526
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 10:30 AM

David Salazar:

Strange thing is that the table of contents is not hyper-linked, but if you go to the very beginning of the book, after the book cover you'll see another table of contents which is hyper-linked.

You should report this as a bug in the beta forum (if you haven't already). The table of contents in the books I have tested have worked perfectly... as has everything else. Smile

Also, note that the Table of Contents that should be hyperlinked is the one that you go to when you select Go To - Table of Contents. If you manually navigate to other tables of contents in the book, it could be they won't be hyperlinked.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 10:49 AM

Fr Devin Roza:
Also, note that the Table of Contents that should be hyperlinked is the one that you go to when you select Go To - Table of Contents. If you manually navigate to other tables of contents in the book, it could be they won't be hyperlinked

Yes, as I understand it the TOC that is part of the book in Logos is converted to text.  But the send to kindle process generates a TOC based upon headings for the book.

This is, I think, built upon the same technology as Amazon's own "Send to Kindle" app.

Posts 3312
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 11:01 AM

TCBlack:

Fr Devin Roza:
Also, note that the Table of Contents that should be hyperlinked is the one that you go to when you select Go To - Table of Contents. If you manually navigate to other tables of contents in the book, it could be they won't be hyperlinked

Yes, as I understand it the TOC that is part of the book in Logos is converted to text.  But the send to kindle process generates a TOC based upon headings for the book.

This is, I think, built upon the same technology as Amazon's own "Send to Kindle" app.

Yes that is an Amazon function, you are correct.

How to upload logs

Posts 23
Eric Gren | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 11:04 AM

Is there still a 100 page limit?  If so, is there a work around for those really long books?

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 11:28 AM

There's a file size limit (imposed by Amazon), so resources with hundreds of photos are off limits. But I've sent very large books to my Kindle (the whole bible, for example).

Posts 23
Eric Gren | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 11:35 AM

I have done that as well with the previous method of exporting to a word document and emailing it to my kindle.  With that method I could just do 100 pages at a time and add them to the end of the document.  However, with sending directly to the kindle it still seems to limit it to 100 pages and I can't just keep adding.  Even setting the paper to A2 I can't get an entire 1200 page book to fit within this limit.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 11:38 AM

Eric Gren:

I have done that as well with the previous method of exporting to a word document and emailing it to my kindle.  With that method I could just do 100 pages at a time and add them to the end of the document.  However, with sending directly to the kindle it still seems to limit it to 100 pages and I can't just keep adding.  Even setting the paper to A2 I can't get an entire 1200 page book to fit within this limit.

Eric, 

You are describing something different.  

You are describing using Amazon's "send to kindle" printer driver alongside the print/export function of Logos.

This is completely separate now.  And to clarify: it is only in beta at the moment, so this will not work if you are not in beta.

Please revisit the release notes posted at the first post in this thread for using the beta send to kindle feature by way of the Library and the info panel.

Posts 442
Tony Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 11:41 AM

There is a 50MB per file upload limit imposed by Amazon.

Question: What about this?

"You may not use the Service to send infringing, unauthorized, or otherwise illegal content."

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201124320

Would sending an entire book be considered "infringing content" by Amazon?  

Director of Zoeproject 

www.zoeproject.com

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 11:43 AM

Not according the contracts which Logos has to work out with the publishers.

Posts 442
Tony Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 11:51 AM

TCBlack:

Not according the contracts which Logos has to work out with the publishers.

I am looking at it from Amazon's perspective.  Does Amazon know about this and approve?

My point is Amazon would have no idea what contracts have been negotiated with Logos.  They may see it as a competitor using their servers to store books that weren't bought from Amazon.  Or a user storing "infringing works" on their servers.  I would not want Amazon to shut down my account because of this.

From their Terms and Conditions:

"We may discontinue the Service or your participation in the Service at any time in our sole discretion. The permission we grant you to use the Service automatically terminates if you do not comply with these Terms." 

Director of Zoeproject 

www.zoeproject.com

Posts 23
Eric Gren | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 9 2014 11:57 AM

Thank you TCBlack.  I missed that part about looking in the info section of the book.

Posts 8
Donovan Neufeldt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 14 2014 8:59 PM

I absolutely would be thrilled... it would make Logos much more appealing to myself and many others. Syncing annotations would be nice, but even getting logos books downlaoded and readable on kindle would be amazing. Please develop this compatibility!!!

Posts 29929
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 14 2014 9:19 PM

Donovan Neufeldt:
Please develop this compatibility!!!

Welcome to the forums Donovan! I have good news for you... this feature is already in the latest beta! Smile

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 13
David Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 15 2014 11:01 AM

I genuinely am shocked by this information that the "send to Kindle" feature is up and running on the beta version of Logos 5.  I'm thrilled as well.  Big Smile

Call me crazy, but how can I tell if I'm running beta or not?

Peace, 

DM

Posts 3312
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 15 2014 11:16 AM

David Miller:

I genuinely am shocked by this information that the "send to Kindle" feature is up and running on the beta version of Logos 5.  I'm thrilled as well.  Big Smile

Peace, 

DM

If you don't know, you aren't.  Wink

How to upload logs

Posts 29929
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 15 2014 11:19 AM

David Miller:

If you are asking the question, you are not running beta. Wink

There is a FORUM for beta users. The beta is open to the public... but note: Beta testing isnt for users who want the newest features first. It is for people who want to help out and provide feedback. It means having your computer crash at times. It means having to reinstall at times. You should not beta test on your only installation... especially if you depend upon it for work. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 774
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 15 2014 11:23 AM

Alabama has spoken the truth in love. Smile

That being said, I have been running 5.3 since Beta 1 with not one crash or problem.

Your mileage my vary, but this has been a very easy Beta.

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 13
David Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 15 2014 11:29 AM

Thanks guys, I figured that was the case.  

No worries.  I'll wait.  Grateful for the info though and very excited about the feature.

Peace, 

DM

Page 22 of 24 (471 items) « First ... < Previous 20 21 22 23 24 Next > | RSS