Are John Macarthur's New Testament Commentaries still available to purchase?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Jason Grubbs | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 18 2013 5:56 AM

I cannot find how to purchase John Macarthur's New Testament Commentaries on logos any longer.  Does anyone know if this is the case and why?

Posts 2070
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 18 2013 6:02 AM

Jason:

If they are titles from Moody Publishing, I'm sorry to report they're no longer available. See this thread.

Windows 10 (L9 Beta) | Android 9 (phone - L9 Beta) | Fire OS 7 (tablet - L9 Stable)

There are four lights

Posts 2936
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 19 2013 1:42 PM

No, they are not available as all Moody resources have been withdrawn.  That is a shame because they are very good expository commentaries.  While I am not exactly of the same theological camp as John MacArthur, I greatly respect his love for God's Word and his gifts as an expositor.  These are fine commentaries, and I am glad that I bought them while they were available. 

I am an evangelical United Methodist - neither dispensational nor Calvinist.  I only mention that to show the broad appeal of John MacArthur.  I benefit from John MacArthur's expository commentaries, even while disagreeing with some of his interpretation and doctrine.  I am a big enough boy to appreciate and benefit from solid exegesis, and to decide for myself where I agree or disagree with him.  I do wear big boy pants even if it is under my preaching robe.  Wink

MacArthur's commentaries are a serious loss to Logos. 

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS