Logos 5 library on a Windows Tablet

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Andre Broodryk | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, May 19 2013 9:57 PM

Can anyone tell me how to set up a Windows Tablet (Windows 8) on which Logos 5 is operational, so that I can view all the library books "off-line"? I often find myself in places where the 3G and WiFi cannot be used. As such - I need the books to be available off-line.  Help! Thanks. Andre (S Africa)

Posts 29496
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 20 2013 5:07 AM

Andre Broodryk:
Can anyone tell me how to set up a Windows Tablet (Windows 8) on which Logos 5 is operational

There are two kinds of windows 8 tablets. Which one do you have? Only the full version kind can run Logos 5, in which case, I assume you just install it like you would any other application. HERE is the link. 

Welcome to the forums, by the way. Smile

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3
Andre Broodryk | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 20 2013 9:25 PM

Hi there

Thanks for the reply and thanks for welcome. Had to get my feet wet some-time or another. It seems I have reported the problem incorrectly. I have a Samsung Atom Ativo Tablet which has Windows 8 as the OS. The Tablet has 2 Gigs RAM and a 64 Gig HDD. I've downloaded and installed the Logos5 App from the app store. My wife uses the Tablet most of the time. The books she uses are visible off-line. The other titles are visible but have a red mark across them indicating they're not available off-line. How does one resolve this problem. I want to have all the titles available off-line since we travel to remote areas regularly. Andre

Posts 29496
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 20 2013 10:14 PM

It sounds like you aren't asking about Logos 5 ( which is a desktop application, and all books are available offline all the time), but rather the windows mobile application... I am a Mac & iOS guy and have no experience with the windows mobile app. Your best bet would be to look around and/or repost your question in the Windows Mobile forum: http://community.logos.com/forums/108.aspx 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 24778
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 20 2013 11:23 PM

Hi Andrew

Alabama's suggestion of posting in the Windows app forum is a good one.

But - in the meanwhile - the screenshot below might help

I selected a couple of resources in the library by right-clicking on them. If I then pressed the "Download" button at the bottom-left they are downloaded onto my system.

Hope this helps, Graham

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS