Page 6 of 8 (154 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next >
This post has 153 Replies | 26 Followers

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 3 2013 4:17 PM

Jack Caviness:

David Paul:
First, they haven't even started this thing yet (maybe you should let something actually happen before complaining about it?)...and second, whatever comes first (and something WILL have to be first), it isn't going to be the last or only. Give the whole thing some time. Logos has well demonstrated their willingness to include anything in their stable that will support itself financially.

Very good observations, David Yes

True, and I for one am not complaining or wishing to gripe about it at all. I'm very excited about this. I'm not saying I'll just purchase this for the sake of it, but I am curious as to see what all Logos offers with it, and anything that would be beneficial to furthering my Christian education, I'll seriously consider purchasing.

A few thoughts on it:

1. The format sounds very exciting and fun. I can't wait to see this in action.

2. I'm not too worried about pricing, and if Logos offers flexibility (like payment plans, etc.), even the icing on the cake. Again, I'm not just going to purchase something just to have it, but any courses I feel I would truly get a major benefit on and that personally to me would be worth the cost, I'll seriously consider purchasing and taking them. If Logos offers "collections" of courses as well at a discount, that could be another selling factor.

3. As for the "bents", I can see no issue with taking courses with professors of different "bents". Would be interesting to broaden my knowledge of how others think, and I can see how Logos can definitely appeal to a broad range of customers this way. What I stated earlier was merely some pointers of how my personal Bible college experience has been.

4. I hope Logos deeply integrates this into the ecosystem (FaithLife, maybe even Proclaim if churches wanted to use the material to teach a church Bible study, etc.), as well as if Logos could team up with colleges and seminaries to offer versions that can be used toward college credit (at an extra cost), then of course I'd be interested in this as well as I deepen my seminary studies.

5. I see this as even a good possible opportunity for me to contribute to later down the road as I work to become an online professor. I'm not qualified enough yet to "teach" on this, but later down the road when I get more credentials under me, I'd have a fun time contributing to this provided Logos would have me.

All in all, I think is is going to be great, and I for one am thrilled and eager to see what's in store. I can't wait to see what Logos delivers with this!

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 18
Edgar Joyner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 8:06 PM

Will video lectures include closed captioning or English subtitles? I am deaf Christian interesting in biblical studies. Thanks.

Posts 6603
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 9:21 PM

Welcome to the forums Edgar. You make a valid point.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 12 2013 3:17 AM

Edgar,

if you look on PrePub the first set of videos say they have CC. 

Posts 13399
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 12 2013 4:06 AM

Alexander:
if you look on PrePub the first set of videos say they have CC. 

Where did you see the reference to CC? I can see that the videos are transcribed, but I don't know if that means they're captioned.

Here's the link for others: http://www.logos.com/product/33458/logos-mobile-education-bible-and-doctrine-foundations

Posts 18
Edgar Joyner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 12 2013 9:33 PM

I am not sure if it really CC or an English subtitle. If the Logos Mobile Education programs have CC that would be my factor to sign up the program. 

Posts 18
Edgar Joyner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 12 2013 9:33 PM

Thanks. 

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 13 2013 2:28 AM

Jennifer A. Broussard:

Dare we ask the general price range?

Just some quick math:

Average tuition cost in Christian higher education: $7,500.00 per semester.

Average number of classes taken per semester: 4

Average cost per class: $1,875.00

Estimated cost for a Logos Mobile Education course: $469.00 to $619.00

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 22965
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 13 2013 2:36 AM

Hi Paul

Paul Golder:

Have you seen that the link above includes pre-pub costs for the first LME course?

Currently $999.95 for Bible and Doctrine Foundations (9 courses)

Graham

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 13 2013 4:51 AM

Graham Criddle:

Hi Paul

Paul Golder:

Have you seen that the link above includes pre-pub costs for the first LME course?

Currently $999.95 for Bible and Doctrine Foundations (9 courses)

Graham

That does seem about right when considering distance education. About one third of $3,000.00 for a complete series on a subject.

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 13 2013 5:11 AM

Interesting - I have been watching the LME page to see how many people are signing up for it, and 24 hours ago there was no progress at all on the prepub bar - today it is under development. I assume, rightly so from Logos' perspective, that they have committed to developing this, so why wait for sign ups. Maybe more people sign up if there is something to actually view, people to positively comment, etc.

I too would buy a course or two if unbundled. This is too big a nut to commit to without seeing any of it. I would try a course, and if I liked it try more. This is not the same as committing to a degree program, as I do not financially commit to all of it up front. I pay for courses as I go. I think the price in total for 9 courses is very fair, as with others I don't want to commit to all of them financially right now.

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 13 2013 12:27 PM

I'm trying to find out if Logos will offer payment plans for the pre-pub when it ships, so technically I could lock in my pre-pub now, then when it ships, if I can't fork over $1,000 right away, break my payments up into payment plans. If they can do this, I'll probably jump on it. A lot of this I've gotten in seminary, but the additional training would be nice, plus I'd love to be able to get used to learning in the Logos environment.

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 14 2013 1:26 PM

Paul Golder:
Average tuition cost in Christian higher education: $7,500.00 per semester

You missed a word: Average tuition cost in American Christian higher education: $7,500.00 per semester.Geeked

Sweden: $0.Smile

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 55
LogosEmployee
Miles Custis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2013 1:15 PM

Edgar,

We don't have any plans for closed captions or subtitles, but we will be including transcripts for each of the HD videos. The transcripts will be organized and built as a Logos resource. We have added headings and subheadings to each transcript making them easy to navigate. The transcript resources will include the entire text of each video plus learning objectives, links to recommended readings in Logos, and assessment questions for each video segment.

Posts 5
Onell McCarthy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2013 2:55 PM

Can we get with some payment options

Posts 6603
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 15 2013 3:09 PM

And break up the courses. Some I have an interest in others .....

Posts 6603
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2013 5:37 AM

How about a video teaser of what the course looks like. Say, 10 minutes of lecture and the way the entire thing integrates into Logos. 

This can help some users get over the cost factor. Why not do this for each course. These videos can then be posted to our facebook page, and encourage many to look at who may never see it.

And yes, start breaking up the courses, for those who are not salaried workers within the Church, but may be interested in info on a few of the courses. I'm thinking they can purchase one course at a time.

Posts 1705
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2013 8:08 AM

The lectures are not captioned, but transcripts of all the lectures are included in the text.

Posts 4932
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2013 6:26 PM

Bob Pritchett:

The lectures are not captioned, but transcripts of all the lectures are included in the text.

Cool Could you type your response in braille, please? Cool

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 7:39 AM

Bob Pritchett:

To me that greatly enhances the value of the courses.

One question/suggestion; Do "enrollees" qualify for academic pricing on other Logos resources? I think it would be a good marketing point.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Page 6 of 8 (154 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > | RSS