Personal Book oops

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jun 1 2013 12:14 PM

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

Spent time last week copying part of a commentary from another Bible software program I own into my personal books. I cannot access it now; instead, I get a message that says, "You do not have a license to access that resource." Logos does not carry this commentary and I want to access it without running two programs.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 3 2013 1:16 PM

Peace, Kent!           *smile*

Were you working with a .docx file?

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 29472
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 3 2013 1:39 PM

Kent:
I cannot access it now; instead, I get a message that says, "You do not have a license to access that resource."

The most frequent cause for this message is that you compiled it on one computer, but not on the other. Logos currently syncs the metadata, but not the resource itself. The solution I currently use, until personal book do sync, is to use dropbox to sync the .docx files. You can learn more HERE.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 3 2013 6:26 PM

Yes a .docx file was what I was useing, I'll try this thank you.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 3 2013 7:35 PM

alabama24:

Kent:
I cannot access it now; instead, I get a message that says, "You do not have a license to access that resource."

The most frequent cause for this message is that you compiled it on one computer, but not on the other. Logos currently syncs the metadata, but not the resource itself. The solution I currently use, until personal book do sync, is to use dropbox to sync the .docx files. You can learn more HERE.

Alternative solution so metadata for PBB matches lbspbb resource in all Logos installation(s) is copying compiled *.lbspbb resource(s) to other installation(s) and use scan command followed by restarting Logos.  Suspect drop box could be used for *.lbspbb file(s).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 29472
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 3 2013 8:40 PM

If you used Dropbox for the .lbspbb files, wouldn't you constantly be copying files back and forth? There isn't a way to have Logos compile the books into Dropbox, is there?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 4:37 AM

alabama24:

If you used Dropbox for the .lbspbb files, wouldn't you constantly be copying files back and forth? There isn't a way to have Logos compile the books into Dropbox, is there?

Compile once, then copy *.lbspbb file(s) to dropbox.  On other Logos installation(s), use scan command with dropbox path, then restart Logos so the indexer can copy newer .lbspbb file(s) from dropbox into Logos installation followed by indexing them.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS