Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics

Page 1 of 4 (62 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 61 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 6
Daniel Caballero. | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 4 2013 9:51 AM

Hello,

I am trying to buy Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics by Daniel Wallace, but I cannot find it in LOGOS. Does LOGOS still sells Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics? Please, let me know.

Thanks!

Posts 5637
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 10:03 AM

Daniel C.:
Does LOGOS still sells Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics?

It seems that it is not being sold at this time.  See the discussion in this thread:

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/71015.aspx

It looks like it may become available again something later this year, but Zondervan has an annoying habit of initially releasing books in bundles.  We'll have to wait and see.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 6
Daniel Caballero. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 5 2013 2:38 AM

Thank you!

Posts 107
Brandon Rappuhn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 6 2013 5:12 PM

Check it out! We are now selling it again, but with boatloads of other popular Greek and Hebrew texts, at a fairly steep discount.

http://www.logos.com/product/32713/zondervan-biblical-languages-collection

Posts 2589
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 6 2013 5:20 PM

Now why in Athens would anybody want to buy a whole boatload of grammars and workbooks?

Some guys would need it, maybe, but us hoi polloi ? Confused

Posts 5637
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 6 2013 5:22 PM

Brandon Rappuhn:

Check it out! We are now selling it again, but with boatloads of other popular Greek and Hebrew texts, at a fairly steep discount.

Six months---hopefully we will not have to wait any longer than that for this bundle to be broken up.  I'm glad these books are in Logos, but Zondervan announcements lose their excitement by making things only available in bundles.  Most people will not want all of these books.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 109
Larry Heflin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 6 2013 7:07 PM

I'm looking forward to purchasing several of the items if and when they are sold individually.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 6 2013 7:47 PM

Brandon Rappuhn:

Dreaming of an "addition" to the collection => http://www.logos.com/product/5407/mounces-complete-expository-dictionary-of-old-and-new-testament-words (especially as added bonus for ordering pre-pub collection)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 9797
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 7 2013 6:59 AM

Does anyone know if dynamic pricing applies to the Zondervan collection? To me it doesn't seem so.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2589
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 7 2013 7:02 AM

There does not seem to be any dynamic pricing for this bundle, yet. But someone who owns more existing works should confirm this.

Posts 5637
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 7 2013 7:20 AM

Lee:

There does not seem to be any dynamic pricing for this bundle, yet. But someone who owns more existing works should confirm this.

Isn't GGBTB the only one that Logos has published to date?  Also, if the resource is a new edition, Logos considers it a new work.

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 7 2013 7:30 AM

Todd Phillips:

Lee:

Isn't GGBTB the only one that Logos has published to date?  Also, if the resource is a new edition, Logos considers it a new work.

Logos does offer a discount for GGBTB.  Notice this statement from the product page: "Already have Greek Grammar beyond the Basics? Pre-order the collection without Greek Grammar beyond the Basics for $399.95 until June 20, 2013. Afterward, the price will return to $435.95.Click here to pre-order."

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 2589
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 7 2013 7:33 AM

My bad. Either I'd missed it, or it wasn't there when I accessed it earlier. But, it's not dynamic pricing. You'd have to do it manually.

Posts 452
Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 7 2013 8:51 AM

Brandon Rappuhn:

When this is released, will owners of the Galaxie version of Wallace's grammer be upgraded to the newer one for free?

Posts 2844
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 7 2013 10:02 AM

Is the current version of Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics the file GS_GGBTB.lbxlls, with this revision:

LLS:46.20.1026
2006-05-19T19:42:11Z

If so, will this be updated to a .logos4 file when the update comes out if we purchase the 34 volume upgraded (which is without GGBTB)?

Posts 2869
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 7 2013 12:07 PM

I have read nothing so far that suggests that what is being offered is a revised version. It doesn't seem like a revised version to me.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 467
Dave Moser | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 7 2013 12:55 PM

Brandon Rappuhn:

"...but with boatloads of other..."

This is not a positive thing.

I'm really displeased with the direction Logos is moving with respect to bundles. It seems we have increasing numbers important resources locked away in prohibitively expensive bundles. It's frustrating enough when one new resource I want is bundled with a ton of other stuff (Beale's NT theology in the mess that is the Baker bundle). But it's even more frustrating to see that a resource could previously be bought as a stand-alone and now must be purchased with $400 of other material.

This is a step backwards for your customers.

Posts 704
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 7 2013 2:11 PM

Lee:

Now why in Athens would anybody want to buy a whole boatload of grammars and workbooks?

Some guys would need it, maybe, but us hoi polloi ? Confused

Well maybe if you are really into the languages. Also if you want to keep up your Greek and Hebrew after seminary. I'd love to have the Practico Hebrew Cards on Logos. I must admit it that this bundle has caught my eye. It is pricey but it looks like a great bundle.

Cheers,

ChelseaFC

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 171
Adam Rao | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 7 2013 3:15 PM

I agree with what's been expressed above – $400+ for these resources isn't a "deal."

I want the Mounce textbook, the Pratico-Van Pelt textbook, and Wallace's intermediate Greek grammar.

I already own these in paper form along with the flash cards, audio CDs, and video lectures (those are expensive and they're not even included in this bundle! Neither are the flash cards).

Honestly, I should be able to get those three books for $100 or less. If not, I'll just keep using my paper copies. I don't refer to them every day, but I do use them regularly. But, for $400+? Absolutely not.

Posts 2589
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 7 2013 6:16 PM

Dave Moser:

I'm really displeased with the direction Logos is moving with respect to bundles. It seems we have increasing numbers important resources locked away in prohibitively expensive bundles.

This is a step backwards for your customers.

It could be a publisher decision in some cases, rather than a decision by Logos marketing. We don't have all the details.

Page 1 of 4 (62 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS