What do I pay with a pre-pub commitment?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 17
shawn mathis | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 4 2013 12:42 PM

Hello, I've looked around and cannot find a clear answer: I put a pre-pub price request (X) for Preacher's Homiletic Commentary. What price am I paying? 

When I put the price request a while back, the book page notes: "Click on the highest price you'd pay. If the final price is lower, that's what you'll pay." But the final price is significantly higher given the current book page description (here). And I received an email that it will be ready shortly and will be purchased automatically unless I delete. 

But the price shown in the pre-order billing info of my account is price X. If I hit "done" is that listed price X locked in or does that cost X go to the current page listing price? (effectively paying part of the total upfront)?

Confused. 

thank you,

Posts 27798
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 12:49 PM

You are getting confused… but I'll help explain. Smile

You originally bid for a "community pricing" resource. Those are very inexpensive. Once the costs to produce the resource have been covered by enough bidders, then the product goes into pre pub. The good news, is that if you were one of the winning bids, you will pay the "community pricing" amount. Anyone else will have to either 1) pay the pre-pub price or 2) pay full price when the resource is released. If you were not one of the winning bids, you will have to decide if you want to pay the pre-pub price or not.

Does this answer your question?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 18752
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 12:55 PM

Shawn, if you click "Done" nothing changes; it just exits the page you are looking at and goes back to your orders page. When the product ships, you will be charged price X not the higher price that others who missed out on the Community Pricing phase and order now during the pre-pub phase would pay.

Posts 13368
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 1:17 PM

As Alabama explained, when you successfully bid for something on Community Pricing, you still pay the CP price, even though the product then goes into pre-pub at a higher price. In this case, the CP price was $40. If you visit the Preacher's Homiletic Commentary page whilst logged in, you should see this:

Notice that the pre-order button is greyed-out (because I've already pre-ordered), and the website knows that I ordered this product for $40 (the CP price). That's what I'll pay when the product ships on 18 June. My orders page confirms the same price:

Posts 9008
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 1:23 PM

$40 vs. $389

That's why I love Community Pricing!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 808
Kevin Maples | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 1:25 PM

Bruce Dunning:

$40 vs. $389

That's why I love Community Pricing!

Me too, but if you buy ten of these over the course of a month or so, it still adds up to $400! So you have to be careful, but there are some amazing deals on community pricing. 

Posts 17
shawn mathis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 1:49 PM

OK. So, there's community pricing and pre-pub pricing. I thought they were the same. Thanks.

I"ll "done" it and get my wonderful 40$ price!

thanks all!

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 2:24 PM

shawn mathis:
I"ll "done" it and get my wonderful 40$ price!

I'm not sure what you mean, but the price was locked in when it left CP. You don't need to do anything after that (unless you want to switch to another credit card). Logos will charge you automatically when it ships.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 17
shawn mathis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 3:03 PM

Under the pre-pub billing info there is "delete" and "done". But you are right. If I never go to that page, it's "done." 

Posts 18752
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 3:20 PM

shawn mathis:

Under the pre-pub billing info there is "delete" and "done". But you are right. If I never go to that page, it's "done." 

As I mentioned before, Done just exits the Edit page. You don't have to do anything further after bidding in community pricing. Assuming enough bids came in to make it into production, the transaction will just go through automatically once the resource is finished and ships. You only need to go into Edit mode if you want to delete the transaction before it ships, in which case you wouldn't be charged anything. Warning, however. If you delete it, you cannot ever get it back at the Community Pricing price. That was a one-time deal while it lasted. So unless you're getting antsy that you can't afford the $40 come ship time, then leave it alone.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS