Whoa! Word Biblical Commentary (all 59 vols.) on special for Day 6 of "Twelve Days of Logos" Christmas sale!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 19278
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 14 2009 4:24 PM

Retail: $1199.99
Today only: $399.95

What a steal! I wish I'd bought it now rather than back in July 2007. But then I wouldn't have had it all this time.

Click here for the Twelve Days of Logos sale. (It will only show this WBC deal for another 7½ hours.) 

I've got several other big ticket items on my wishlist and I'm holding out to see if they'll come on sale these next few days. Oh my, delayed gratification is tough...

Posts 198
Bryan Brodess | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 4:29 PM

That is a great deal..

I just found chafer's systematic theology (4 volume) on sale ( hardcopy not electronic) for 49.99 at christianbook.com Would love to see the e-copy that price as a christmas sale!! 

many others!!  it is almost hard waiting for the next day..lol

Posts 191
Sharon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 6:58 PM

Hi,

I was wonder if anyone out there could tell me how conservative (or not) the WBC?  Or just a summary opinion of the series?

wordcenterministries.org

Posts 274
Daniel Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 7:04 PM

Quick impression and thoughts I've heard from others, WBC is much less conservative than NICNT/NICOT or NAC.  It is perhaps more conservative than Hermeneia.  Maybe 1/4-1/3 of the WBC volumes are conservative.  O'Brien is good, for example.  The series varies widely.

Sorry I can't be more specific.  I've only used some of the volumes.

Posts 191
Sharon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 7:16 PM

Thank you.

I appreciate your timely response.  It is helpful.

I have Platinum, have used Logos since the days of little black floppies (very early 90's), and have amassed a wonderful commentary section in my Logos.  I am still looking for more, however.  This one came up on special and I don't have much time to research it.  I tried online but didn't come up with any satisfying info.  I don't want to miss a great deal, but I don't want to spend my Father's money wrongly.

Thanks again!

wordcenterministries.org

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 7:23 PM

Sharon,

Have you ever visited bestcommentaries.com ? 

Several WBC volumes appear in their top 2... http://bestcommentaries.com/best.aspx

Posts 191
Sharon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 7:37 PM

Thank you for giving me the link.  I did browse there earlier today, but I pretty much hopped right through it.  I just went back there and you are quite right; there are a number of WBC volumes in their top 2.  Thank you again.  Sharon

wordcenterministries.org

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 7:42 PM

Damian McGrath:

Sharon,

Have you ever visited bestcommentaries.com ? 

Several WBC volumes appear in their top 2

Yeah, it is pretty cool to see Logos release NICOT/NICNT, WBC and Pillar commentary series. Those three sets are heavily represented on BestCommentaries. Do you think that was just a coincidence?  Now if only I can round it out with MacArthur's (I'm still running that in the obsolete, inferior "other guys" format.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 656
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 7:50 PM

Does WBC come in a digital download version for L4?

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 7:54 PM

JeremyEllis:

I'm sure they could just unlock it for you and you could then download it....

Posts 656
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 7:59 PM

That doesn't seem to be an option. Besides, isn't the WBC 59 set designed for Logos 3? Will the CDs even work for 4.0?

Posts 19278
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 8:34 PM

JeremyEllis:

That doesn't seem to be an option. Besides, isn't the WBC 59 set designed for Logos 3? Will the CDs even work for 4.0?

I bought it for Logos 3, and when I upgraded to L4, all the volumes came over seamlessly and they work fine for me.

Posts 656
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 8:36 PM

With the CD? Aren't the book files with Logos 4 a totally different type?

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 8:47 PM

All the WBC are available for download, and while they are a different format, once they're installed on L3 they will be transferred to L4 with no problem.  If you don't have L3, L4 will add them once you have the licence.  I'd suggest calling in as someone suggested.  They will probably send you an e-mail with the update script.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 8:48 PM

JeremyEllis:

Yes, but I think you have to install it to your Version 3 using the key code on the CD. Then you activate it by synchronizing your license. (When you do that it checks with the Logos servers to make sure it has not been registered to someone else.) After you have successfully activated the Version 3 installation your Version 4 installation will automatically synchronize and download the files. At least that is what mine did. I do not know what happens when you install Version 4 alongside or over a Version 3 installation. It may just use your old resource folder.

Posts 656
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 8:52 PM

So if I deleted L3 I have to reload it, download the books off the CD, sync the licenses, then run L4 and update the script, download the L4 resources, and then take L3 off? Seems like a lot of work when I wish I could just download the book in L4 format directly?

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 9:00 PM

It is the only way to verify you own a legitimate copy that was not already registered by someone else.  So yes, it is a bit of work, but the only way to prevent piracy of a very expensive product.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 9:03 PM

JeremyEllis:

So if I deleted L3 I have to reload it, download the books off the CD, sync the licenses, then run L4 and update the script, download the L4 resources, and then take L3 off? Seems like a lot of work when I wish I could just download the book in L4 format directly?

The only current workaround is buy the CD and then call Logos. They'll unlock it for you (no install necessary) and then it will download in v4.... (as I tried to communicate a few posts ago).....

BTW. If you install v3, that does not mean you have to copy the books to your hard disk...

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 9:05 PM

JeremyEllis:

You only have to do the licensing bit NOT copy the resource files. When I got NICOT/NT I did not have enough space on my hard drive for the resources, I installed the license and synchronized. It then showed in my "account summary" in Version 3 with serial number & activation code. When I checked my library the titles would show as unlocked but were grayed out. My Version 4 desktop computer then updated automatically and the resources were downloaded into Version 4 from  the Logos servers.

Posts 656
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 9:08 PM

Damian McGrath:

JeremyEllis:

The only current workaround is buy the CD and then call Logos. They'll unlock it for you (no install necessary) and then it will download in v4.... (as I tried to communicate a few posts ago).....

BTW. If you install v3, that does not mean you have to copy the books to your hard disk...

I guess I can call them tomorrow and save on the shipping costs?

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS