Logos for Nook HD and HD+; It works!!

Page 2 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 48 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 9 2013 7:59 PM

I think I'll go with the Kindle Fire from Amazon, it runs on a customized Android OS and is about the same price as the Nook.

Posts 29609
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 9 2013 8:15 PM

Kent:

I think I'll go with the Kindle Fire from Amazon, it runs on a customized Android OS and is about the same price as the Nook.

I have no dog in the fight, but did you see the sales price for the nooks, this week only?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3810
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 9 2013 8:45 PM
alabama24:

I have no dog in the fight, but did you see the sales price for the nooks, this week only?

Oops - I didn't see your earlier post about the sale. Thanks for letting others know about it.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 2040
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 10 2013 12:31 AM

I was so tired I didn't understand to (what time) to set the alarm. Some half an hour ago I tried to edit out the image, but now little more than 10 hours has gone by. Well, I guess not many burglars come over here to this forum to search for people to fleece, they are too unchristian for that.

Btw, I have one more given name, a Swedish one which I was given by my mom when I was born in northern Finland.

I sent an email about this to someone I've dealt with in the Spring 2013 to help me out with the postal issue (at no expense for him/her of course), someone who gave a reliable impression.

Disclosure!
trulyergonomic.com
48G AMD octacore V9.2 Acc 11

Posts 2040
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 10 2013 4:31 AM

I'm being a bit unfortunate. I'm emailing ebay sellers if they can modify their ads to enable international shipping.

That's the "error message" when trying to email this ad, it's refurbished and £100: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390609114629

EDIT 9:22 AM June 10. 2013: now, after checking several times what ebay offers, I found one listing for a mint condition Nook HD 8 GB 7" for $133 + postage $40 to Sweden (£85½ + the postage) from a fairly reliable seller (had given reasonable explanations for most of the very few complaints in the customer satisfaction) and ordered it! Big Smile. This will really save the battery of my laptops and be sometimes be ideal when standing or when there's little room in the public transport!

Disclosure!
trulyergonomic.com

Posts 2040
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 10 2013 11:41 AM

Those who need international postage: one of the sellers I contacted responded now. I suggested they enable international postage and they agreed but I have bought my Nook HD 8 GB, so I'm not positive they will enable that. If they will they list it as a new ad at ebay.co.uk. In this image You see some of the communication. If I have the time to, I will try to post the link to the new ad, and it will be the 16 GB:

Disclosure!
trulyergonomic.com

Posts 2040
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 11 2013 7:20 AM

NEWLY LISTED 8 GB Nook HD! Shipping worldwide $40. Device price $133: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Barnes-Noble-NOOK-HD-8GB-Wi-Fi-7in-Smoke-Mint-/161043539874?pt=US_Tablets&hash=item257ef167a2
... Two people an hour are viewing it!

In checkout, especially if You have a bank card that has no currency exchange fee, choose to pay in the sellers currency and You save a couple of cents!

Disclosure!
trulyergonomic.com

Posts 601
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 12 2013 12:48 PM

Thanks for the tip on the Nook sale - I just ordered the 32Gb. I have been so frustrated with my 8Gb android tablet. In 5 months I've run out of space twice and had to restore default settings to get it working again. Right now the Logos ap is only using 400Mb because I only have 31 resources downloaded. No way would it hold 1000 resources.

Posts 2040
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 12 2013 12:58 PM

There's a lot of books I'll never read which I'll not download.

The Android OS and the Logos app together use 3.4 GB. So in an 8 GB device there's 4.6 GB left over. In a 16 GB there's 12.6 GB and in a 32 GB there's 28.6 GB. So You'll see the biggest difference going from 8 GB to 16 GB, and perhaps You'll never need 32 GB unless You keep a steady pace of buying more and more books for years.

Disclosure!
trulyergonomic.com

Posts 1526
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 14 2013 2:52 AM

What version of Android does the Nook HD run? I'm hoping for v4.2 to get Hebrew vowels support.

Posts 29609
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 14 2013 3:58 AM

Fr Devin Roza:
What version of Android does the Nook HD run?

I don't know, sorry. I believe it is running the google "play" store. Does that answer the question, or no? You should look into it ASAP as the sale is ending soon for … drumroll … Father's day. Stick out tongue

Posts 3810
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 14 2013 4:46 AM

ZD Net reports that it is running Android version 4.x ...

http://www.zdnet.com/new-software-upgrade-turns-nook-hd-into-good-android-tablet-review-7000015027/

Blessings,
Floyd

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 14 2013 5:43 AM

alabama24:
It wasn't until recently that Barnes & Noble enabled the Nook HD to be able to run Android apps from the Play store.

Wait.

Does this mean that the Nook can run the Android "Kindle App"?  

Oh the Irony.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 29609
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 14 2013 5:46 AM

TCBlack:

Presumably.

Posts 3810
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 14 2013 7:27 AM
TCBlack:

alabama24:
It wasn't until recently that Barnes & Noble enabled the Nook HD to be able to run Android apps from the Play store.

Wait.

Oh the Irony.

It does - I have it installed. But remember - the Kindle Fire runs the Nook Android app.

Blessings,
Floyd

Posts 1526
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 16 2013 9:01 AM

I saw somewhere that it runs 4.0... oh well.

Posts 2272
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 16 2013 10:04 AM

After seeing another thread I picked up a 32 gig at Barnes and Noble.  It has a higher resolution than my ipad2, which I hope will help with eye strain.  It also has the space to download my entire library, which is something I have been wanting to do.  This seems to be a great device for reading.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 2040
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 19 2013 4:33 PM

It's still on a sale at Barnes n' Noble. The sale has been extended!:

alabama24:
If anyone is interested, the Nook is on a HUGE sale this week only.

Disclosure!
trulyergonomic.com

Posts 29609
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 19 2013 5:40 PM

Unix:
It's still on a sale at Barnes n' Noble. The sale has been extended!

That's not a good sign.

Posts 2272
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 19 2013 6:28 PM

alabama24:

Unix:
It's still on a sale at Barnes n' Noble. The sale has been extended!

That's not a good sign.

I don't know...I wonder if it didn't do better than expected, so they extended it.  Around Birmingham, every place that sells them seemed to be out, including Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, etc...  Barnes and Noble was the only place I could find that had them, and they were a mad house Saturday night around 7:00.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Page 2 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS