Adding hyperlinks to notes

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 18
Thomas Sterbens | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 15 2010 4:15 PM

Thanks guys!  Holding down "control" and clicking works....that's cool!

A bit strange that it flashes the "Logos" opening logo (such as appears when you first launch the program) prior to opening the resource.  I am assuming that is part of the registry glitch as well.

I noticed in the previous response that an attempt to edit the registry didn't work for someone.  However, should editing the registry work will that circumvent the necessity of holding down the control key?  And does it also activate the "preview" window when hovering the pointer over the hyperlink in question?

Thanks again...

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 15 2010 4:20 PM

Thomas Sterbens:

Thanks guys!  Holding down "control" and clicking works....that's cool!

A bit strange that it flashes the "Logos" opening logo (such as appears when you first launch the program) prior to opening the resource.  I am assuming that is part of the registry glitch as well.

I noticed in the previous response that an attempt to edit the registry didn't work for someone.  However, should editing the registry work will that circumvent the necessity of holding down the control key?  And does it also activate the "preview" window when hovering the pointer over the hyperlink in question?

Thanks again...

Ctrl+Click is standard for executing links that you might was to edit surface text (this is true in every Word Processor and Note software I've used). So, no, the registry is not related to needing to hold down control as you click.

The hyperlinks are actually handled by Windows which directs them to the Logos4.exe. That is why if the registry isn't right the link doesn't work or Libronix opens the link. The spash screen issue have been fixed in the current beta cycle.

EDIT: The way that hyperlinks work in 4.0c there is no preview. HOWEVER, it appears that in 4.0d there is a new hyperlink protocol that allows preview windows in notes! Cool stuff.

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 15 2010 4:43 PM

Kevin Becker:

George Somsel:
I changed the key per the wiki article, rebooted and still have no success.  Fortunately, L3 still links properly.

This indicates that your machine is looking at another instance of the libronixdls key. Open up the find option and look for another occurrence of the same key just not under HKEY_CURRENT_USER. Change all you find and hopefully that will divert the hyperlink to L4 instead of L3.

Second key found and changed.  Still no joy.  Surely there isn't a 3rd ??

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 15 2010 4:47 PM

George Somsel:

It's possible... the registry is a mysterious place that I don't fully understand....

Posts 18644
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 15 2010 7:21 PM

George Somsel:

Keep searching for libronixdls until you find no more instances. I've found up to six copies of it in different nodes. I never know which one is the culprit. Also make sure you get the spacing and punctuation exactly right. That's been the cause of other people being unable to get the instructions from the wiki article to work. Just one misplaced quotation mark or missing space or something.

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 15 2010 7:53 PM

Rosie Perera:

George Somsel:

Keep searching for libronixdls until you find no more instances. I've found up to six copies of it in different nodes. I never know which one is the culprit. Also make sure you get the spacing and punctuation exactly right. That's been the cause of other people being unable to get the instructions from the wiki article to work. Just one misplaced quotation mark or missing space or something.

Yes, I'm aware of how precise one must be (I have done some programming though not for many years).  I didn't enter it; I copied and pasted it then put my name in as user.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 18644
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 15 2010 8:28 PM

George Somsel:

Yes, I'm aware of how precise one must be (I have done some programming though not for many years).  I didn't enter it; I copied and pasted it then put my name in as user.

Sorry, didn't mean to treat you like a naive user. I know you're not. I'm in the same boat as you (having done programming before but not for years) and still, a typo in the value for that key was my problem and why I wasn't able to get this to work for months. I'd copied and pasted it too, but that was back when there was a typo in the wiki page which I hadn't noticed. So that's why I'm particularly tuned in to this and it is still my first guess as to what might be going wrong, even with really brilliant people like you and me. Smile

However, since we've now ruled out the obvious, can you give us more info and screen shots? How did you create the hyperlink and where is it in the note and what else is in the note with it? Martha has noticed that having a URL at the beginning of a note can cause Logos not to recognize hyperlinks later on in the note. Any other details that you think might be unusual for your case?

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 10 2010 5:19 AM

George Somsel:

Georgle,

I just found out that 4.0d has developed an automated way fix the registry when the hyperlink protocol isn't working.

From Start>Run copy this in to the box and hit Enter
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Logos4\Logos4.exe /register

(On Windows XP, run "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Logos4\Logos4.exe" /register

Then check out a hyperlink in Logos and let us know of it's working!

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS