Minimal Crossgrade: Less Resources?

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 100
Heath Choate | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 16 2013 8:43 PM

So I just did the minimal crossgrade for Logos 5 from Logos 4 Leader's Library. I am not sure but it seems that I have less resources in my library. I thought I had like 389 or something now it shows I have 369. Can anyone still running the L4 Leader's confirm the number of resources I should have. 

Posts 100
Heath Choate | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 16 2013 10:19 PM

I actually confirmed this w the mobile app. I have 382 resources there(what I had before crossgrade) now I have 369 on my Mac. Anyone want to help?

Posts 19362
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 16 2013 11:09 PM

That should not have happened. If you can keep your mobile app from syncing until you get this sorted out to document what books are missing now, Logos should be able to take care of you.

No purchase of any upgrade or crossgrade or base package should ever end up removing resources from your library.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 17 2013 2:36 AM

Heath Choate:
I actually confirmed this w the mobile app. I have 382 resources there(what I had before crossgrade) now I have 369 on my Mac.

I believe the mobile app comes with a number of free resources, that are not free on the desktop app, so that could be perfectly normal.

Also, have you checked your Hidden resources? Tools > Program Settings > scroll down to the bottom.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 30070
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 17 2013 4:21 AM

Rosie Perera:
That should not have happened. If you can keep your mobile app from syncing until you get this sorted out to document what books are missing now, Logos should be able to take care of you.

Since resources are typically accessed from the "cloud," new purchases (or deletions) are near instantaneous. 

I have no idea if there were any changes to your account… but I doubt it. Also, as fgh suggested, there are nearly 70 resources which are made available to you on the Bible! mobile app. Those resources may or may not be actually in your library via the acquisition of a resource license… meaning they will be available to you online only and on the mobile app only.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 100
Heath Choate | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 17 2013 7:20 AM

Heath Choate:

I actually confirmed this w the mobile app. I have 382 resources there(what I had before crossgrade) now I have 369 on my Mac. Anyone want to help?

So here is the list as I go through side by side Mobile and desktop:

1881 Westcott-Hort Greek New Testament

Apocrypha of the Old Testament

Arabic Bible

Apparatus for the Greek New Testament:SBL Edition

Biblical Ethics Oswald Chambers** missing from Mobile app

La Biblia de las Americas

Clementine Vulgate

Dictionary of Vulgate New Testament

Elzevir Textus Receptus (1624) with Morphology

Foundation Documents/The Gospel Coalition

Giovanni Diodati Bibbia

Harper's Bible Dictionary** Not available in Mobile App

Institutes of Christian Religion

introduction to Ecclesiastical Latin

Keyword Learning System** Not available on Mobile App

Living a Full Life: A Pictorial Interpretation of the Ten Commandments** Not Available on Mobile App

Louis Segmond (I don't think this is the proper title)

Luther Bibel (1545)

Luther Bibel (1912)

The New Testament in the Original Greek(Westcott & Hort)

The New Testament in the Original Greek: Byzantine Textform 2005

Novum Testamentum Graece

Novum Testamentum Graece (Tischendorf)

Nueva Biblia Latinoamericana de Hoy

Podle Puvodniho Vydani krallckecho

Reina Valera Revisada (1960)

Reina-Valera Actuallzada

Scrivener's Textus Receptus (1881)

Scrivener's Textus Receptus (1894) with Morphology

Stephen's Textus Receptus (1550)

Stephen's Textus Receptus (1550) with Morphology

Szent Biblia

Any help? As I said before the number of resources matched before the cross grade.

Posts 25489
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 17 2013 8:41 AM

Strange!

As suggested above, the bulk of these are made freely available for the mobile apps and not available on desktop unless purchased.

If you had purchased them then they would also be available on your desktop - and should still be there after your upgrade.

However, there are some which aren't provided free with the mobile app - for example the Institutes of the Christian Religion which must have been purchased and - again - should show in your desktop app. This - for example - shouldn't need to be downloaded so something strange is going on.

As above, are you able to post a screenshot showing your library? I am wondering if you have some sort of filter set which is causing everything to disappear.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 17 2013 8:58 AM

Graham Criddle:
I am wondering if you have some sort of filter set which is causing everything to disappear.

What does it say here:

I believe the ability to change that may have come with L5.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 25489
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 17 2013 9:11 AM

fgh:
I believe the ability to change that may have come with L5.

Indeed soSmile

Posts 30070
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 17 2013 10:19 AM

Screen shots of your library might help.

Posts 100
Heath Choate | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 17 2013 10:39 AM

Here is the screenshot. 

Graham Criddle:

Strange!

As suggested above, the bulk of these are made freely available for the mobile apps and not available on desktop unless purchased.

If you had purchased them then they would also be available on your desktop - and should still be there after your upgrade.

However, there are some which aren't provided free with the mobile app - for example the Institutes of the Christian Religion which must have been purchased and - again - should show in your desktop app. This - for example - shouldn't need to be downloaded so something strange is going on.

As above, are you able to post a screenshot showing your library? I am wondering if you have some sort of filter set which is causing everything to disappear.

Posts 30070
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 17 2013 11:04 AM

Thanks for the screenshot. Three thoughts:

1. Try the command "update resources" (which is different than "update now")
  2. verify that the email address is the same on your desktop and mobile apps. 
  3. Did you check your list with biblia.com?
  4. If neither of those pan out, I think you need to call Logos. Remember, it seems like most of the discrepancy is in resources which you don't have licenses to on mobile (I.e. Russian bibles, etc). 

Posts 100
Heath Choate | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 17 2013 6:32 PM

alabama24:

Thanks for the screenshot. Three thoughts:

1. Try the command "update resources" (which is different than "update now")
  2. verify that the email address is the same on your desktop and mobile apps. 
  3. Did you check your list with biblia.com?
  4. If neither of those pan out, I think you need to call Logos. Remember, it seems like most of the discrepancy is in resources which you don't have licenses to on mobile (I.e. Russian bibles, etc). 

Tried Update Now and Update Resources and nothing. 

The email addresses are the same. 

I checked Biblia.com, According to it I have 380 resources 55 Bibles and 325 Other. Which jives closer to what I expect and what Mobile is also showing. One frustration is the missing books the other is the potential that my upgrade cost is higher because they are not recognizing  these additional resources. Thanks for everyone's help

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2013 4:29 AM

Heath Choate:
I checked Biblia.com, According to it I have 380 resources 55 Bibles and 325 Other. Which jives closer to what I expect and what Mobile is also showing.

Biblia.com should match Mobile, which has 47 Bibles and 3 other resources for free mobile access:

When signed into Biblia.com, personally have 11 fewer Bibles along with hundreds missing from Other.

Thankful for access to 92.7 % of Logos library in mobile devices, including Biblia.com

Logos offers a number of free resources for Logos 5 use => http://www.logos.com/products/search?start=0&sort=pricelo&pageSize=30 that includes the Perseus collections.

Thankful for 425 free Vyrso ebooks since Thanksgiving 2011 => https://vyrso.com/products/search?sort=pricelo&pageSize=15&unlocked=no

Heath Choate:
If neither of those pan out, I think you need to call Logos. Remember, it seems like most of the discrepancy is in resources which you don't have licenses to on mobile (I.e. Russian bibles, etc). 

One option for contacting Logos is sending an email to Customer Service with reference to this thread => http://www.logos.com/contact

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 30070
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 18 2013 5:30 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Biblia.com should match Mobile, which has 47 Bibles and 3 other resources for free mobile access:

What is your reasoning? Are all resources given for use to in the Bible! App available for all users on biblia? I do know that there are some resources which ARE mobile enabled but are NOT biblia.com enabled. 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 19 2013 10:07 PM

alabama24:

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

What is your reasoning? Are all resources given for use to in the Bible! App available for all users on biblia? I do know that there are some resources which ARE mobile enabled but are NOT biblia.com enabled. 

Logos search of mobile resources uses platform=Internet for BibliaAndroid, iPad, iPhone, and Kindle Fire so anticipate many mobile resources being available on Biblia.com and mobile devices.

Embarrassed Living and learning that Biblia.com has 50 free resources online, which increases to 74 with Logos.com account => http://www.logos.com/biblia  Mobile app descriptions do not mention any free resources.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS