Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2386
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 1 2009 7:20 PM

I am looking for a book that has many of the OT prophecies with their fulfillment in the NT.  I obviously am interested in those about Christ, but would like others as well.  I would prefer something offered by Logos, but if you know of a book that you would like to see Logos carry let me know too.

Thanks,

Ron

Posts 206
Steven Yu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 2 2009 12:07 AM

Messianic Christology - Ariel Ministries

http://www.logos.com/products/details/3034

I got a hard copy of it, so far this is the only one I found that contain both KJV, Hebrew, and well writern commentaries on the Messianic Prophecies.

Hope this help

"And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free", John 8:32.
"你們必定認識真理,真理必定使你們自由", 約翰福音 8:3.

Posts 1650
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 2 2009 8:02 AM

Are you aware of the Commentary on the NT use of the OT, edited by Beale and Carson (Baker, 2007)?

It goes the through entire NT, examining the 400-odd quotations from the OT, plus myriads of allusions. It may not be what you are looking for, but it's a great resource, just released, and currently on special:
http://blog.logos.com/archives/2009/08/commentary_on_the_new_testament_use_of_the_old_testament_now_on_sale.html

(Yes, I did buy it.)

Posts 3734
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 2 2009 8:12 AM

Perhaps a different approach: you will find deeper and usually (not always) sounder analyses in commentaries that draw out the OT sources for the NT. Since Revelation is a prophetic book, it is no surprise that there is a cluster of these references to OT prophecies. Beale's commentary spends quite a bit of time on the topic.

Blessings,

Francis

Posts 2386
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 4 2009 5:57 PM

Thanks for the ideas.

Ron

Posts 2940
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 6 2009 10:17 PM

In addition to Carson & Beale's Commentary referenced above, I would recommend Kaiser's The Messiah in the Old Testament (http://bit.ly/ikqvz)

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 8
Brian Shockey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2009 9:27 AM

Hengstenberg's Christology of the OT is pretty good too...  There's a PBB of it on stilltruth.com

Brian

Posts 602
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2009 12:49 PM

In addition to the 4-volume Christology of the OT by Hengstenberg, you can also get a PBB of Patrick Fairbairn's The Typology of Scripture over at Stilltruth.

Bill

Posts 23
Tony (Manuel) Perez | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 10 2011 6:02 PM

Still truth not available. Why?

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 10 2011 6:11 PM

Ronald Quick:
I am looking for a book that has many of the OT prophecies with their fulfillment in the NT.

Ron,

i picked up this book during the Christmas sale: Prophecy Knowledge Handbook
Have only been through some of it and it is pretty good so far. The author is one of those who were in on the Bible Knowledge Commentary.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 602
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 10 2011 6:45 PM

Manuel Perez:

This is a shout out to Tom Black to tell us what's up with www.stilltruth.com.

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 11 2011 9:28 AM

Manuel Perez:

Sorry Guys!  This one I can honestly say is NOT MY FAULT.  <<< LOL, I've always wanted too shout that when it was true.  :-)

When I logged in last night and saw it was disabled I contacted tech.  It seems a script on their server mistakenly tagged my site as expired.  I assure you the bills are paid, at least until June.  :-)

Stilltruth.com should be up and running now.  And desperately in need of new content...

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 602
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 11 2011 1:00 PM

Thomas Black:

Stilltruth.com should be up and running now.  And desperately in need of new content...

Tom,

My PBB production has ground to a halt since I am waiting for L4 to support PBBs or else I would submit more frequent content.

Posts 28251
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 11 2011 2:36 PM

Bill Anderson:
My PBB production has ground to a halt since I am waiting for L4 to support PBBs or else I would submit more frequent content.

ditto especially when we don't know the input requirements

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 11 2011 7:20 PM

Yes, Sorry Bill.  I meant, "Desperately in need of me adding new content." :-)

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS