Windows 8 won't open Logos

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 14
Charles Arriola | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jun 22 2013 10:47 AM

I just bought a new laptop with Windows 8 on it.  I installed Logos, installation went fine.  When I try to open the icon it says the software has stopped working.  I have tried the compatability mode, administrator mode all to no avail.  I am posting this hoping someone will be able to help me.  I really love my Logos and I need it to be working.  78720.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 9160
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 22 2013 11:33 AM

Please try deleting the following file, and restarting Logos:

C:\Users\Charles Arriola\AppData\Local\Logos5\Documents\hrwqrfrm.orz\CopyBibleVerses\CopyBibleVerses.db

(You may need to turn on Show Hidden Files in Explorer Options to be able to find this folder. Alternatively, pasting the path (everything up to the last \) should just work.)

Posts 14
Charles Arriola | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 22 2013 11:54 AM

I did this.  It opened in blank page mode as long as I hold control when I double click the desktop icon. 

Posts 14
Charles Arriola | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 22 2013 11:55 AM

But there is nothing in my library.

Posts 9160
LogosEmployee

Please check that the email address shown in Logos 5 (use the Help > About menu on the right-hand side of the app to display this) matches the email address in your logos.com profile (shown at https://www.logos.com/user/edit).

If it does, please enter "update resources" in the command bar at the top of the Logos 5 application to start a download of all your resources.

If it doesn't, restart the app while holding down the Ctrl key, and log in with your logos.com email address and password to get access to your library.

Posts 14
Charles Arriola | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2013 9:44 PM

Thanks for helping me with this problem.  I have another one though.  The LEB Audio works fine when I play the computer voice.  When I try and play the new Marv Allen voice the whole program shuts down?  Please help.  I already read your other post about deleting the file and that didn't work.  Thanks.

Posts 9160
LogosEmployee
Charles Arriola:

When I try and play the new Marv Allen voice the whole program shuts down?

I don't think I've seen that specific problem reported before. Please post your latest logs, as these will most likely help us identify the issue.

Posts 14
Charles Arriola | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 8 2013 8:55 PM

Is there any hope for a fix?

Posts 9160
LogosEmployee

The log files don't seem to contain crash information for this problem.

Please call our tech support line, reference this thread, and tell them you need assistance collecting a native crash dump. They will be able to collect information that should help us diagnose and fix the problem.

Posts 14
Charles Arriola | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2013 9:05 PM

I called tech support and they tried some things by controlling my computer remotely.  The guy said that he wasn't sure what the problem was but felt it might be a .NET framework issue and that he would send it on to the development team and they would let me know.  That was 3 weeks ago, what options do I have to get my issue resolved? 

Posts 9160
LogosEmployee

Charles Arriola:

I have tried the compatability mode

Do you still have compatibility mode enabled? Logos 5 works best when that setting is turned off; enabling compatibility mode can cause hard-to-diagnose crashes.

Posts 14
Charles Arriola | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 24 2013 10:45 AM

That worked.  Thanks so much!

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS