Upgrade From One Base Package To Another

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 26 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 5
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2013 6:10 AM

fgh:
(I'm not sure, but it's possible that downloading certain of the free resources in the first link might bring the price for the base packages down a few cents. Please try it with the Lexham English Bible and come back and report. It would be interesting to know.)

I downloaded everything currently free on logos.com and vryso.com (including the Lexham English Bible) and it looks like I can save $7.71 on Portfolio or $9.16 on Gold. Strange that I would save more on Gold. Though it's possible that's the same price I would have gotten before all the free books.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2013 6:19 AM

Ben:
Strange that I would save more on Gold.

Not strange at all. The price/volume is lower in Portfolio, so the discount/volume will be lower as well.

Great, now I know how to save people a few more bucks.Smile

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 5
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2013 6:46 AM

fgh:

Edwin Bowden:
When Logos introduced Logos 5, they made available a number of those highly recommended sets at very good prices if purchased at the same time as the L5 upgrade purchase. I don't know if that offer is still available to someone buying L5.

It is. Go to http://www.logos.com/basepackages#compare, choose a base package, and then click Customize. That will get you to the first set of offers. The even better ones come when you click the next button, which I think is labeled Proceed. Do not miss those offers. Many of them are by far the best prices I've seen Logos make available.

What about this scenario: If I were to buy a lower base package + a set(s) at the lower customized price, then later upgraded to a higher base package, would I also then be able to get those great "customized" deals?

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2013 7:06 AM

Ben:
What about this scenario: If I were to buy a lower base package + a set(s) at the lower customized price, then later upgraded to a higher base package, would I also then be able to get those great "customized" deals?

The way it works currently, yes. No guarantee about the future.

Btw, if you upgrade within a short period of time -- officially 30 days, but sales reps can usually tweak that a bit -- you should make sure that the rep 'returns' your first package and sells you a 'new' one, rather than just selling you an upgrade. The price will be better that way.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1355
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2013 7:20 AM

Ben,

One thing to keep in mind with your situation (similar to mine), is that there are a lot of original language tools that are added in the larger packages. Many of those who are recommending the largest packages are able to use those tools, so they are of great value to them.

That was one of the reasons that I recommended the Silver pkg and spending your additional funds adding more usable tools for you.

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2013 11:10 AM

Not sure if this was a special circumstance or not...

But when I upgraded from L5 Silver to L5 Platinum, it had been about 6 months, and they were able to return L5 S and the minimum cross grade, and apply all my money towards the new package, and give me the same initial discount.

The sales person initiated the conversation because I had been looking at the higher level base packages.

I ended up getting ~40% off platinum(incl student discounts), and have a 100$ monthly payment.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 129
RGP | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2013 2:27 PM

Ben,

I may be able to help you with your purchase.

rpat AT hushmail DOT com

Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS