Logos Customer Service (specifically Dave Kaplan)

Page 2 of 4 (63 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 62 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2016 7:39 PM

Sad

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2016 8:36 PM

Dave was truly a wonderful sales rep and a fine brother in the Lord. How I miss him!

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 15 2016 7:01 AM

I don't pretend to know much or anything about the inner workings of Logos and Faithlife, but I cannot fathom a reason that Bob or his representatives ever thought it was a good idea to let Dave go.  I consider him a friend as well as my sales rep.  I have spoken with several (going on 8 now) sales reps and no one has even come close to the friendly, knowledgeable and affable qualities Dave had.  Logos has missed out on many of my dollars because the reps they now have do not have the knowledge needed to help me.  

Bring back Dave!  (can we make this a uservoice issue?)

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 15 2016 7:24 AM

Joseph Turner:

I couldn't help but to post this.  I hope it is ok.

I sent Dave Kaplan an email at 3:32 pm on Tuesday asking for prices on some resources, and he responded at 3:41 with some questions, and we emailed back and forth for a while.  After some time, we were having some issues with a product because dynamic pricing was not calculating my discount.  Dave mentioned in passing that it was taking him longer than usual to research the issue because IT IS HIS DAY OFF. 

My response:  "Oh my goodness.  You don’t have to do this today.  Just wait until you get back to work.  I am not in a hurry."

Dave's response:  "Too late, I love my job and my awesome customers. This is my only ministry and I take it very seriously. ;-)"

Dave spent 1 hour and 20 minutes helping me on his day off.  No one in their right mind would expect this from him.  I appreciate it, and Logos is lucky to have someone so dedicated to the company and its customers.

P.S.  He gave me a discount on the things I needed (which isn't always the case, as some things can't be discounted [Zondervan!!]), and I made the purchase!

That was my experience with Rusty Davidson also...

Meanwhile its been 10 or so days since I emailed sales@logos.com.

I'm no longer interested in the purchase I would have whole heartedly made a week and a half ago.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 301
Jerry Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 15 2016 7:45 AM

Everett Headley:
Bring back Dave!

I heartily concur! Customer Service has slipped for me since my go-to contact, Dave Kaplan, has departed. Definitely missed!

Posts 260
Pastor Dan Cleghorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 15 2016 10:31 AM

I agree. Dave was great!

Posts 58
Don Randolph | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2016 11:08 AM

Have been trying to get in touch with Dave for the last week.  All the Internet searches come up with "Dave Kaplan"s, but conflicting information and no listing of Faithlife as a place worked or Washington as a place lived.  Needless to say, his telephone is answered by another rep and his e-mail simply generates a "cannot go through" error message.  If he intended to disappear, prayers and best wishes for his new life.  If not, I hope someone has the decency to forward messages to him. 

Each upgrade that passes I find the Bible software I purchased in 2004 becoming less and less attractive and incredibly more expensive (I would say "unreasonably", but I am certain that would only cause a backlash of rationalization which is not what I came here for).  My first year of seminary, I told everyone to get Logos Bible Software; now I warn them about the cost. I never would have believed I would spend $15,000.00 in just over a decade. (No, I don't have the Diamond, Portfolio or Collector's Edition). Combine this with "losing" some of your best people and it will catch up with you.  Not commenting on the "reasons" people were let go, just that perhaps if some decisions prior to that had been better made, it may not have need happen.

If anyone has a way to contact Dave, please either post it or send me a PM.  Thank you in advance.

Don

"If you cry out for insight and understanding and if you search for it as hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God." - Proverbs 2:3-5

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2016 12:12 PM

Anyone that wants to get in contact with Dave, email me here:

http://www.mallardcomputer.com/wp/about/executives/nathanparker/

I can get you in touch with him.

Even though I've still spent plenty of money with Logos after Dave was gone, I would have spent more money with Dave as my rep. Dave always just processed my orders no questions asked and trusted my judgment on any orders I've placed. Other reps have sometimes questioned my need for certain items and talked me out of a few things. :-)

He is a true brother in the Lord, and I am thankful for the opportunity to have worked with him. He is working on new adventures in his life, and I told him I look forward to seeing how the Lord is using him in his new adventures, although I still painfully miss him at Logos too.

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2016 1:29 PM

After leaving that post a few days ago, I've gotten two phone calls and an email apologizing for dropping the ball.

Thanks Brian!

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 263
Greg Corbin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2016 7:37 PM

I too used Dave Kaplan. He was outstanding. My experience over the last year has been that I like the Logos product better and better -  Logos 7, LogosNow, etc.  However, customer service is now incredibly non-responsive and lacking. You cannot even depend on a reply to emails - which I absolutely do not understand in today's world.  Personally, I wish they would just move to strictly internet/website pricing with no "call for a deal" or extra discounts direct from sales people. Just put the prices out there and let people buy or not. Have a few customer service reps on hand to help people with payment plans, problems, etc.

Posts 184
LogosEmployee
Dan Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2016 7:51 PM

Greg Corbin:
customer service is now incredibly non-responsive and lacking. You cannot even depend on a reply to emails

Greg, I am sorry to hear this, and I apologize for letting you down.

We pride ourselves on outstanding customer service, and rapid response times. We keep a record of all emails in and out, so I would like to look into this for you and make sure we discover where we let you down, take care of you, and repair any failure in our process.

Please forward any examples of our failure to respond so I can get to the bottom of this.

Thank you,

-Dan

dan@logos.com

P.S. Dave Kaplan came by the office yesterday. After hanging out with old co-workers for a while, he and I took off and spent the afternoon and evening together. He misses everyone here, in the office and all across the world, but needs all his focus and energy on his new career—which is taking off right now.

Posts 3938
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2016 9:11 PM

Mine was resolved to my satisfaction. Are you wanting it as well?

Posts 2307
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2016 9:27 PM

I'm delighted Dave is doing well. Yes

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 1355
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 4:43 AM

Dan Pritchett:
Dave Kaplan came by the office yesterday. After hanging out with old co-workers for a while, he and I took off and spent the afternoon and evening together. He misses everyone here, in the office and all across the world, but needs all his focus and energy on his new career—which is taking off right now.

Thanks for the update on Dave. Glad to hear that things are going well for him.

Posts 809
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 8:11 AM

Dan Pritchett:

Greg Corbin:
customer service is now incredibly non-responsive and lacking. You cannot even depend on a reply to emails

We pride ourselves on outstanding customer service, and rapid response times. We keep a record of all emails in and out, so I would like to look into this for you and make sure we discover where we let you down, take care of you, and repair any failure in our process.

Please forward any examples of our failure to respond so I can get to the bottom of this.

Thank you,

-Dan

dan@logos.com

P.S. Dave Kaplan came by the office yesterday. After hanging out with old co-workers for a while, he and I took off and spent the afternoon and evening together. He misses everyone here, in the office and all across the world, but needs all his focus and energy on his new career—which is taking off right now.

Not to jump on the ban wagon, and I really try to not complain...but I don't even bother emailing CS any more.  If I can't get the answer here, I call, simply because I have emailed a couple of times (which is my preference over calls) and have NEVER received an email back.  No lie.  Check and see.  I'll privately send you my email address, and if you do keep records you'll see that even just two months ago I emailed and never got a response.  After waiting a week, I called.

Cynthia

Romans 8:28-38

Posts 775
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 9:48 AM

Dan Pritchett:

Thank you,

-Dan

Hi Dan,

I am also one of those who hasn't received a reply. Since I live at the other end of the world, I pretty much rely on e-mailing customer support. I forwarded my unanswered e-mail to you. Thanks for your help.

Armin

Posts 94
Ben Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 3:08 PM

I miss Dave as well. Good man, rep and friend. I was impressed with Todd Cullop following Dave and Todd's responsiveness. Looking forward to working with John Groce going forward, now that Todd's moved on. Situations change for companies and employees in today's world faster than ever before. I understand that, so no black hats for Logos, Todd or Dave. Though some would have a few to pass around, I'm not one of them.

Logos's CS email is OK. But Logos's CS over the phone is lights out. I've never been disappointed when I needed help. Rep would take as long as necessary or connect me with whoever was needed to fix whatever issues over the years.

No company's perfect but I've been using Logos since the turn of the century (heh). It's been an investment now approaching mid-five figures   that I haven't regretted. (Part of the reason why I drive a 2005 Hyundai!) Logos is quite simply the best all-around Bible software in the world. (And yes, I've had BibleWorks since seminary in the early 90s and also have Accordance. Both are excellent in their own right but do not serve me nearly as well as Logos.) 

Both Logos and Dave have been great blessings to me and His kingdom. Grateful for them both.

Posts 2093
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 3:45 PM

Just for the record, I live on the other side of the world and rely on Email (but do so rarely) and I have received good customer service.  Recently, I waited maybe a day or two,   But I am pleased and have been treated well.  I understand this may not be case for everyone, but my experience has been good.

Posts 957
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 4:32 PM

Dan Pritchett:

Nice update .... but ... why was it Dave left?  I mean, if his career is taking off it seems very confusing that he is not helping out any more.

???

Posts 58
Don Randolph | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2016 5:18 PM

+Steve  I think Dan means his (Dave's) career (with another company) is taking off.   I am still waiting to hear from Dave so don't know for sure, but I think that is what he meant.

BTW: I don't think Dan really wants to answer your first question about why Dave left.

"If you cry out for insight and understanding and if you search for it as hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God." - Proverbs 2:3-5

Page 2 of 4 (63 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS