Request for the "International Journal of Systematic Theology"

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 27
Sandro Polenta | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 27 2013 7:16 AM

Dear users of Logos,

I have a question or maybe a request. I would appreciate the have the volumes of the "International Journal of Systematic Theology" in my Logos.

Do some of you have the same needs or interests? What does Logos say about this request?

Thanks

Greetings,

Sandro

PS: Thanks Paul-C for making me aware to post my request here

Posts 11532
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2013 8:26 AM

Sandro,

just to make you aware: Logos will typically not respond in this forum directly, but they will put your suggestion into a big list/spreadsheet and their product managers will take this with them to their meetings with existing or potential publishers. Obviously it helps when many people support your suggestion (as an indication of future sales potential)....

So: yes, I'd be interested

In this specific case, there may be one additional way to go: It seems the publisher of the IJST (Blackwell) has no ties with Logos so far. However, there is a publisher, Galaxie, who specializes in publishing theological Journals. Every year they publish a new edition which contains all the issues from the multitude of journals under their contract - plus the full content of one or two journals they previously did not offer (which attracts new buyers). Maybe you could approach Galaxie to make IJST this full content journal in the next edition - which probably would come to Logos in 2014.

Mick 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 27
Sandro Polenta | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2013 8:55 AM

Mick,

Thank you for your answer. I own the first 10 volumes of the publishing you mention. And I agree with you that the IJST would perfectly fit into such a collection.

Do you believe that I could influence Galaxie? I am a single user coming up with this request. I am a student at  Knox Theological Seminary and came in contact with IJST through the articles we had to read.

I just tried to address Galaxie as you advised. Maybe other interested Logos user could do the same. Here what I wrote:

Dear reader, I have the following request. I would appreciate to be able to buy the volumes of the "International Journal of Systematic Theology" for my Logos software.

Do some other people have the same needs or interests? What would Logos say about this request?

Thank you for your comments. Sandro Polenta

Posts 11532
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2013 10:47 AM

Sandro Polenta:
Do you believe that I could influence Galaxie? I am a single user coming up with this request. I am a student at  Knox Theological Seminary and came in contact with IJST through the articles we had to read.

You can influence Galaxie and/or Logos. 

I even think the information you gave is very worthwile to exert such influence: It is a very probable scenario that if you had to read IJST for seminary, other students in your seminary (and in comparable seminaries) would want to have this journal in their libraries as well. 

The publisher, Blackwell, belongs to Wiley group and they have the journal in digital format (Vol 1/2013 is a free sample here: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/ijst.2013.15.issue-1/issuetoc )

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 27
Sandro Polenta | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2013 2:38 PM

Mick,

thank you for all your information. I will come back to you in the forum as soon as I get an answer from Galaxie.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS