Reinhold Niebuhr

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 13
Agnes Brady | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 27 2013 10:07 AM

I would like to see Reinhold Niebuhr's works in Logos.

Agnes Brady

Posts 508
Daniel Yoder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 27 2013 11:01 AM

I agree completely. 

Posts 18856
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 17 2020 11:08 PM

Bump!

What's the deal with not having ANY Reinhold Niebuhr? And nobody having suggested any of his books yet on SuggestBooks?

"Reinhold Niebuhr (1892–1971) was an inner-city pastor, ethics professor, and author of the famous Serenity Prayer. Time magazine's 25th anniversary issue in March 1948 featured Niebuhr on its cover, and Time later eulogized him as 'the greatest Protestant theologian in America since Jonathan Edwards.' Cited as an influence by public figures ranging from Billy Graham to Barack Obama, Niebuhr was described by historian Arthur Schlesinger Jr. as 'the most influential American theologian of the twentieth century.'"

(from the book description of An American Conscience: The Reinhold Niebuhr)

Please get on this, Faithlife!

Some of his works (in roughly order of importance).

And about him:

Posts 136
LogosEmployee
Mike Hanes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 22 2020 6:13 AM

Rosie Perera:

Bump!

What's the deal with not having ANY Reinhold Niebuhr? And nobody having suggested any of his books yet on SuggestBooks?

"Reinhold Niebuhr (1892–1971) was an inner-city pastor, ethics professor, and author of the famous Serenity Prayer. Time magazine's 25th anniversary issue in March 1948 featured Niebuhr on its cover, and Time later eulogized him as 'the greatest Protestant theologian in America since Jonathan Edwards.' Cited as an influence by public figures ranging from Billy Graham to Barack Obama, Niebuhr was described by historian Arthur Schlesinger Jr. as 'the most influential American theologian of the twentieth century.'"

(from the book description of An American Conscience: The Reinhold Niebuhr)

Please get on this, Faithlife!

Some of his works (in roughly order of importance).

And about him:

Thanks for the requests Rosie, sorry for the lack of response, I will look into these.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS