sharing resources

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 17
Rob Poelking | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 15 2009 6:39 PM

I'm using VMware on my mac to use the Windows version of v4 simply because the feature set is complete while I await completion of the mac version.

Simple question--can the resource folders be shared between the mac & pc or am I asking for trouble to do that. I may have 250Gb drive...LOL I still only have less than 25Gb left over. Needless to say, even if I had more...I'd still use it up to the last 10%. :)

Posts 77
Erik DiVietro | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 7:53 PM

Technically, yes; but the problem is that whenever you install Logos 4, it automatically downloads the resources. There doesn't seem to be a way around that...I'm running the same thing; and I am hesitant to go through downloading 7GB of resources...AGAIN.

Posts 3781
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 9:05 PM

Just a thought - if I have two installations, is it possible to hide resources in one installation and not the other.  Generally, this might be useful.  I have an installation on a small netbook - I would like to have a small subset of key resources on the netbook and a complete set of resources on my desktop.  Is this possible?

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2009 9:10 PM

Nope, settings in one are syned to all other installations.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 77
Erik DiVietro | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 15 2010 3:14 AM

Only by turning off your internet connection within Logos 4 in one or both of the installs. This means it would not sync and it would not download updates.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS