Academic Discount - Does not apply to upgrading?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 10
chase thompson | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 3 2013 10:22 AM

Hello, 

I was approved for an academic discount this week, but it apparently does not apply to upgrading a base package. Is that correct? I talked with a sales associate about this, but just want to confirm that the academic discount does not apply when upgrading Logos 4 to Logos 5. 

(My intention is to upgrade from 4 Platinum to 5 Platinum, Diamond or Portfolio, but was hoping to receive an academic discount for that, as has been the practice in the past) 

Posts 3090
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 11:33 AM

chase thompson:
it apparently does not apply to upgrading a base package. Is that correct?

It did when I upgraded from 3 to 4 and from 4 to 5. I also got a discount from Gold to Platinum somewhere in there.

Make sure you don't ever plan to pass your copy on to a child or sell it, as you can't do these with any resources you acquired with an academic discount. 

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 89
LogosEmployee
Sherri Huleatt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 12:07 PM

chase thompson:

Hello, 

I was approved for an academic discount this week, but it apparently does not apply to upgrading a base package. Is that correct?

Thanks for your question, Chase! You're correct--academic pricing is available for base packages for the first base package purchase, not for upgrades.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS