Why Doddridge's Works are Worth It - (my sales pitch)

Page 2 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 43 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1128
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 12 2013 7:21 AM

So close to 40%!!!!

Posts 1128
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 27 2013 9:50 PM

Bump!

Posts 1128
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 17 2013 10:00 AM

Stuck at 35%!! Lets get this one going!!!

Posts 1128
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 29 2014 10:10 AM

Another Bump! Hoping to see the needle move on this one someday!!!

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 29 2014 1:37 PM

Peace, Liam!             You INDEED! are very persistent!                *smile*        Stay with it!

I understand he has written quite a large number of hymns also, and I'm guessing that many of them would be included in this "offering" ???

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 1128
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 29 2014 2:45 PM

Yes Milford! As far as I know his hymns are included! (just going off memory).

Posts 1128
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 19 2014 8:00 AM

Bump! This set needs to gain some progress!

Posts 1128
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 3 2014 11:39 AM

Another bump for this excellent resource!

Posts 1128
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 24 2014 6:21 AM

Again! Hoping this one will gain some traction! 

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 23 2014 5:48 PM

Alderson, Rev. L. A., was one of the efficient pioneer Baptists of Kansas. He resides now at Atchison. He says, “On one Sunday morning in August, 1830, when I was eighteen years of age, and was just closing my Sophomore year at the University of Ohio, my room-mate handed me a copy of Doddridge’s ‘Rise and Progress,’ requesting me to read it until the nine o’clock bell should ring for prayers. Entirely out of respect to him I commenced reading at the first page, intending to push the book aside and take up other reading. Before finishing the second page I was surprised to find myself weeping, and in a few minutes, while reading the third page, there came upon me such a crushing sense of my sinfulness in the sight of God that I was most miserable, and remained six or seven days without peace until the reading of a small tract of the American Tract Society opened up the way of life so plain that I was enabled to trust in the Saviour.

William Cathcart, ed., The Baptist Encyclopædia (Philadelphia: Louis H. Everts, 1881), 1310a.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 8850
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 23 2014 6:32 PM

abondservant:
William Cathcart, ed., The Baptist Encyclopædia (Philadelphia: Louis H. Everts, 1881), 1310a.

Wow, you are on top of things. That resource was just released today by Logos.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 23 2014 7:20 PM

It was a happy accident Bruce :)

I was hoping for a bibliography at the end, and found this instead.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 64
Joshua Daniel Simmons | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 28 2014 6:57 AM

Lets get this into production.  Why the glacial pace on so many wonderful and out of print works?

Posts 1128
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 28 2014 3:51 PM

Joshua Daniel Simmons:

Lets get this into production.  Why the glacial pace on so many wonderful and out of print works?

Yes

Posts 1128
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 1 2014 11:00 AM

!

Posts 14
Mike Southerland | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 11 2014 11:56 AM

Just upped my bid from $30 to $180. I bid $180 on Gill too (that's more than it's possible to bid on that one now). I seriously doubt the bidding will end at that price, but the higher bid should encourage it to move faster.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 11 2014 12:42 PM

Liam:

!

Just upped my bid from $30 to $60.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1128
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 12 2014 4:04 PM

Hey Mike, yeah I also upped my bid to $180. I don't think it will ever reach that price, and it might help it move to pre pub a little faster. (I'd actually be willing to pay it though, considering the time it would take to make a PB of this. The original document is broken up into 3 separate text blocks per page and then also has breaks in the Bible paraphrase for devotional thoughts of the author, making the formatting crazy!) Hope this makes it someday. I had been working on a PB of this, but stopped because it was just taking way too long.

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 14 2014 9:18 AM

The documents are floating around out there. I made a quick and dirty PB from them, but no tagging... But I figured at least this way I get to use the text until Logos finally has enough people on board to produce this.

Posts 1128
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 16 2014 4:30 PM

abondservant, I'm amazed you were able to do it! How did you separate the paraphrase from the notes? I've been trying to do something similar myself just to get something workable, but half of each page is paraphrase, and half notes, so the end result is way too choppy. 

Page 2 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS