Logos 4 Searching: Shortcut key to scroll?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 87
EdB | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 16 2009 7:31 AM

Does anyone know how if there is a shortcut key to scroll through data in the search data window (I haven't found one)? For instance, when I search for a word in the bible, I would like to scroll through verses and click enter for the verse I choose, rather than having to use my mouse, hover, and click.

Ed B

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 7:41 AM

Ed B:

Does anyone know how if there is a shortcut key to scroll through data in the search data window (I haven't found one)? For instance, when I search for a word in the bible, I would like to scroll through verses and click enter for the verse I choose, rather than having to use my mouse, hover, and click.

Doesn't look like it, Ed. I just tried the new Analysis view in Beta5, and while you can scroll through the list with the arrow keys (after highlighting with the mouse), pressing Enter doesn't open that verse.

(You can, of course use Page Down/Page Up to scroll through the pages of data.)

Search results still looks mouse dependent to me, as are many operations in L4.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 463
George Allakhverdyan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 11:13 AM

Ed B:

This is a necessary feature I believe, I will pass it on.

Posts 12
Steve Wratt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 2:33 PM

I have a similiar request - Is there a way to scroll forward ONE verse at a time? using the mouse scroll-button or clicking on the up/down arrows in the window is less precise. In L3 you could at least select the action of the next/previous keys in the window and set the selection to verse, article, book, etc.

Posts 28
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2010 9:43 AM

I have a similiar request

this is available with F3 in L3

Thanks in advance

Posts 463
George Allakhverdyan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2010 10:28 AM

If you are using the beta you will find a new feature in the 'locator bar' to do this. The locator bar can be brought up by Ctrl+Shift+L

Then you can use the up and down arrow buttons next to the drop-down to navigate by verse. This will be in 4.0b

Posts 12
Steve Wratt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2010 4:20 AM

Thanks for the update. Just a question though. Will the selection be 'remembered' for the book concerned? In L3 I always had to reset the next value every time I started the application. It would be nice if the setting was somehow linked to the book or alternatively a Tools/Program Settings option allowed for a 'global' next/prev default. I understand that not resources have 'verses' so I don't know if the developers could make this happen.

Just one more question, since I'm not sure I'm game to try the beta, when will L4.0b be available for regular use?

Regards, Steve.  

Posts 463
George Allakhverdyan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 3:50 AM

I just tested this and I can confirm it does remember the last selection you used, it remembers it per each book or specific panel. 4.0b is still in Beta stages and must go through Release Candidates and finally Service Release. When it gets to the SR stage then you will see an update and threads discussing it. Although I can't say when it will be ready, it'll be out by the end of next month or beginning weeks of March at the latest.

Posts 12
Steve Wratt | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2010 4:47 AM

Thanks for the update. You have answered all my questions. Can't wait to try it out.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS