Stackable / Tilable special windows

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3771
Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 3 2009 11:51 AM

Perhaps this has been suggested before and if so, I would add my wish to those who have already expressed the same: it would be useful if what I call special windows (eg, the topic browser, my library, etc) could be tiled and handled as resources or report windows.

It would make it easier to resize them, reposition them and switch between these and other windows.

Blessings,

Francis

Posts 73
Matthew Godwin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 3 2009 12:21 PM

Here hereBig Smile

It's a big bugbear for me

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 3 2009 8:19 PM

Francis:

Perhaps this has been suggested before and if so, I would add my wish to those who have already expressed the same: it would be useful if what I call special windows (eg, the topic browser, my library, etc) could be tiled and handled as resources or report windows.

It would make it easier to resize them, reposition them and switch between these and other windows.

Blessings,

Francis

There is a box which you can check at the bottom left "Keep Open", and you can resize the topic browser.  The same is true of "My Library" (I don't know about your library.  Wink  You should be able to locate it wherever you want.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 8662
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 4 2009 7:23 AM

Right But I think what he's talking about George is making them regular windows as opposed to making them modal windows.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 4 2009 7:46 AM

Thomas C. Black:

Right But I think what he's talking about George is making them regular windows as opposed to making them modal windows.

You'll need to explain that for the ignorant (like me).  What is a "modal window"?

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 8662
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 4 2009 8:56 AM

Well I used the wrong term anyway:

Modal windows are windows that block the rest of the program and demand you deal with them before doing anything else.

My Library is not a modal window, but the dialog that comes up when a search term can't be found is ("Search the rest of your library for <TERM>?")

The My Library window is called a "Transient window" because it stays on top of the rest of the program but doesn't block other program functions. 

All of this as opposed to a "child window" which is what the libronix books and reports are, they are children of the main program.

There, now will a real programmer correct any of my errors please?

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS