Not happy with new webpage!

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 159
ELA | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 16 2013 3:06 PM

I find the new webpage very confusing!

books that I own are now not greyed out any longer!

On the wishlist I cannot remove books and I cannot see which books I own. This is not good - again there is a risk that you can buy books you already own as you're not warned. (Happens when you have large library!)

Posts 6730
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 16 2013 3:36 PM

ELA:
books that I own are now not greyed out any longer!

Minie is.

ELA:
On the wishlist I cannot remove books

Place mouse over the date to the left of the book and the word "remove" is displayed.

ELA:
again there is a risk that you can buy books you already own as you're not warned

If you already own it, Logos will not allow you to add it to the cart. Just tried it with the Vines book shown above. 

Are you signed it with the same email address that you use for your the Logos Bible Software?

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 1829
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 16 2013 3:42 PM

Have you recently cleared your Internet history or cookies? Are you sure that you are logged into the site With your Logos accouan credentials?

Posts 2040
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 16 2013 3:56 PM

I didn't need to clear cookies. The website functions fine:

Rick:
Have you recently cleared your Internet history or cookies?

Disclosure!
trulyergonomic.com
48G AMD octacore V9.2 Acc 11

Posts 159
ELA | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 16 2013 4:28 PM

Yes, I'm logged in. I'm on the Ipad. Before it was possible to make changes from the Ipad and remove books. Not so any longer. And the add to cart/greying out is no longer visible.

Posts 159
ELA | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 16 2013 4:38 PM

E.g. I have the Hermeneia/Contiuum bundle - incl the upgrade. Both the whole series AND the upgrade are in my library - just checked. It's possible to add them to my cart (- and buy them I suppose)

The website indicates that that updates have been added to the collection, but I still have the update (Luz, Collins, Pervo) - and it's not greyed out. Others books are greyed out. 

Posts 6730
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 16 2013 4:50 PM

Do not have an ipad so I cannot confirm. Do you have a desktop or laptop that you can use to verify this as an error?

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 2040
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 16 2013 5:47 PM

Thanks for the details, ELA! I have the same but it's not grayed, just checked. It used to be grayed. I also have the Upgrade 3 (3 vols.) by Klein, Doran, Bovon and that is greyed and I have it:

ELA:
E.g. I have the Hermeneia/Contiuum bundle - incl the upgrade. Both the whole series AND the upgrade are in my library

Disclosure!
trulyergonomic.com

Posts 5630
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 16 2013 7:13 PM

ELA:

Yes, I'm logged in. I'm on the Ipad. Before it was possible to make changes from the Ipad and remove books. Not so any longer. And the add to cart/greying out is no longer visible.

They said they are looking at the design of the wish list page.  The delete and add-to-cart buttons are only visible when the mouse is hovering over the item.  On the iPad, tap the item link once to activate the hover action and show the buttons.  You should be able to delete it then.  (Consider this a workaround until they fix it correctly).

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 159
ELA | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2013 2:22 AM

Thanks for the clarification. I'm glad to hear this not going to be permanent.

Posts 159
ELA | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2013 3:13 AM

Unix:

Thanks for the details, ELA! I have the same but it's not grayed, just checked. It used to be grayed. I also have the Upgrade 3 (3 vols.) by Klein, Doran, Bovon and that is greyed and I have it:

ELA:
E.g. I have the Hermeneia/Contiuum bundle - incl the upgrade. Both the whole series AND the upgrade are in my library

Does anybody know why Continuum/Hermeneia upgrade is no longer greyed out. It would be good to know if this is a mistake (which might include other works so that you have to be very careful and check your library before buying books)

Posts 2040
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 17 2013 5:40 AM

The set now includes Hermeneia Upgrade (3 vols.), Hermeneia Upgrade 2 (2 vols.), Hermeneia Upgrade 3 (3 vols.), that explains why it's not grayed for us.
BUT I can't find any explanation for why Hermeneia Upgrade (3 vols.) is not grayed! Both of us have that!:

ELA:
Does anybody know why Continuum/Hermeneia upgrade is no longer greyed out. It would be good to know if this is a mistake (which might include other works so that you have to be very careful and check your library before buying books):
Unix:
ELA:

Btw: it's not very long ago that dynamic pricing was introduced for the set, so at least it used to have dynamic pricing, but I'm really unsure whether it still has. But the OT and NT sets didn't have dynamic pricing.

Disclosure!
trulyergonomic.com

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2013 12:27 PM

A third issue:

1. Go to http://www.logos.com/products/search?q=hermeneia.
  2. Count to 7 Hermeneia resources.
  3. Look to the left, and you'll find Series: Hermeneia (4). The big bundles don't belong to the series, seemingly.Surprise

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS