Library Instances (Windows)

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 55
Eddie Florentino | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 18 2013 2:17 PM

If I am not mistaken I use the have the capability to open more than one instance (window) of the library, either as a tab or a floating window.

I can not do that anymore!...did any of the recent V5.1 updates remove that capability?

Thanks!!

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 3:33 PM

Eddie Florentino:
If I am not mistaken I use the have the capability to open more than one instance (window) of the library, either as a tab or a floating window.

It's never been possible. The only thing you can do is open the collections tool, and use that a bit like the library.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 55
Eddie Florentino | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 18 2013 9:25 PM

Thanks for the clarification Mark...probably I was confusing with the multiple instances of "search" that I use all the time

Best regards!!

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 19 2013 7:01 AM

I agree that multiple library instances would be difficult to maintain programming-wise.

But I question why I can't have multiple Info panels, especially on different floating windows. I have multiple Cited-By's which are far more sophisticated (I think).  And multiple Text Comparison and Power Lookup panels.

In my layout I keep a 'greek' window and 'hebrew window'. (NT/OT). But the Info panel has to float separately and is a pain. So much that I just get rid of it.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 20 2013 11:34 AM

I can't tell how many times I've wished for two open Libraries! I have a Library tab open, with a looong filter string, plus special sorting, plus, perhaps, some columns moved out of place, and then I need to just quickly check something else. But can I do that by just temporarily opening the Library dropdown? Or opening a second Library tab? Oh, no! I have to destroy all my work, find what I needed, and then recreate where I was...Crying

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 20 2013 3:46 PM

fgh:
I can't tell how many times I've wished for two open Libraries! I have a Library tab open, with a looong filter string, plus special sorting, plus, perhaps, some columns moved out of place, and then I need to just quickly check something else. But can I do that by just temporarily opening the Library dropdown? Or opening a second Library tab?

I sometimes feel like that, although it happens less often now that the library can filter by collections (because I type in long filter strings much less often). But remember you can always use the Collections tool as a second library tab, if you need to.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 20 2013 4:43 PM

Two computers side by side can be running Logos at the same time with library open, quite useful for comparison.  Caveat: unwise to modify prioritization on both computers so sync can show surprises.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 24 2013 8:14 AM

Mark Barnes:
remember you can always use the Collections tool as a second library tab, if you need to

Not always. Not if I'm already working in both Collections and Library, which is very likely in a situation like the one above.

Plus it takes more time, and I can't see very much in it, since the upper part takes up so much of the space.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS