Bible Screen streams Bible art straight to your screen

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1697
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 23 2013 8:15 AM

There's a television on the wall in my living room. We don't use it much, so generally it's just a big black rectangle hanging on the wall.

Years ago I bought some DVDs with fine art, nature photos, etc. I would put them on when we were having guests over, and they turned my black rectangle into a frame for great art.

But after installing our Verse of the Day app for Windows 8, which sets my Windows 8 lock screen to our Verse of the Day art, I realized there could be an even better use of my television: all Bible, all the time!

At BibleScreen.com you will find Logos' new streaming TV channel, Bible Screen.

You can watch online, on your Roku-connected TV (just look for Bible Screen in the Roku channel store), or even download Bible art stills and add them to a digital photo frame.

Bible Screen has a nice sound track, with very few spoken words, and is designed to work just as well on mute. It's a great way to put your television to use as a source of daily inspiration.

We're still making new Bible art every day. Some of these still images are being lightly animated, and we are also producing new full-animations of Bible passages. Sign up for the Bible Screen email list to get the latest updates!

And, please, let us know what you think of Bible Screen and how we can make it better.

-- Bob

Posts 9155
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2013 8:40 AM

What a great use for your TV. I'm going to have to consider doing the same at times.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2013 8:58 AM

I am loving it, thanks!!!

Posts 226
Michael A. Lasley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2013 10:59 AM

Thanks. I like this. I use an iMac for my Logos work and have a small TV attached to it for when I want to watch instruction videos and use my computer at the same time. I use another browser for this called Opera so that I have no conflicts when I am working in Safari.

I set your Biblescreen page up in Opera and full screened it on the TV and it plays while I work. It works great!

Then I thought it would be better if I could play my own music that I use when I am studying. So I clicked off your sound and started iTunes and played my playlist of "Our Daily Bread" instrumental music. It all worked except for one minor problem.

It appears that some things I do in other applications on my computer seem to bump your display out of full screen on the TV. This is really a problem when I use the same browser. I thought I solved most of those problems by using a different one. Anyway I will continue to experiment and pass on any problem I find.

Posts 226
Michael A. Lasley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 24 2013 5:38 PM

I found that using the 2 browsers was not satisfactory. Everytime I clicked in the main computer screen the Bible Screen page came out of full screen.

However, now with OS10.8.4, I found that if I opened a new window in Safari and moved it to the TV screen and then made it full screen, it worked. I can work in other windows of Safari on the main computer without affecting the display of Bible verses on the TV display. I seem to remember a fix for this in Safari in a recent update.

So using Safari only works for both displays.

Posts 56
Charles Cherry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 28 2013 1:14 PM

Is there anyway to slow down the pace a bit, or at least control how long each slide is displayed? I would like the verses to be displayed a bit longer. 

Posts 56
Charles Cherry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 28 2013 1:15 PM

I'm referring to the Roku version, by the way.

Posts 2167
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 28 2013 4:47 PM

I LOVE it, but agree that the images change a little fast.

Posts 156
Andrew Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 20 2015 6:52 AM

Sorry for resurrecting this old forum discussion, but I wondered if it is possible to create a customised loop of verse art? 

So, for example, I could select certain verses that have a flow, or follow a theme.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS