Proclaim locks/freezes when switching between videos while on-air

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 7
Benjamin Hodge | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 24 2013 6:57 AM

Proclaim is locking up and freezing on me when I try to select a video while on air. It will play one or two without issue - then we'll have a little break - then when I click on the next video, the |> (play) overlay changes to || (pause) - making me think it's started playing - but it remains on the first frame of the video. I waited several minutes hoping it would start, but I had to force quit using task manager. 

Details:

Windows 7, 64-bit, Proclaim Version 1.10.0.1414.  The workstation it is installed on was built by me and was state of the art as of last October (it's a beefy system, so system requirements are definitely met and exceeded).

We have VBS this week, and we have many videos - be it for drama or music time. There's about 25 videos in all. The video files are all stored locally (not on Proclaim cloud). I imported them all from the DVDs using handbrake. They are all 720p, h.264 encoded .m4v files.

I created a new Proclaim presentation to last us the entire week and put all of the videos in it. In between the videos I have blank Content slides with a simple black background. Each of the videos is configured to auto-play when selected, and to advance to the next slide (the blank black slides) when complete.

Since Proclaim is unstable for this application, I've had to rely on the less elegant solution of VLC. I'd much rather use Proclaim. 

Any insights on this would be appreciated.

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 24 2013 2:31 PM

It would be very helpful if you could post your log files to this thread per the instructions here: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/39446.aspx

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 194
Allen Petersen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 25 2013 9:59 AM

On Windows Proclaim uses the Windows Media Player core components for video playback. There is a chance that it is having an issue with one of the .m4v files. Here are few things to test. You could try to play the videos with Windows Media Player to confirm they are working correctly. Another thing to try would be exporting the videos as WMV files and see if that works.

As Hunter said, sending the logs might help us in tracking down the issue.

Posts 7
Benjamin Hodge | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 25 2013 1:51 PM

I am able to reproduce this consistently. Here are the log files from my most recent attempt.3755.logfiles.zip

Posts 7
Benjamin Hodge | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 25 2013 1:55 PM

Allen, 

There doesn't seem to be any specific video file that triggers this issue. I can start the presentation and go on air, play a video, put it on a still frame, play another video, another still frame, etc. Different ones every night. I am averaging 3-4 videos that successfully play (with clicking on still frames in between them) before it locks up. They do play correctly in windows media player.

I'll try converting the files to WMV and see if that works any better.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS