SUGGESTION - Layout Deleting needs some thought.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 16 2009 10:32 PM

This issue popped up on the Windows side, and sure enough it is a problem in the workflow of layouts.

If we delete a layout on the right side that is named on the left side, the layout is deleted from both the right and left sides. 

I think this is a problem that needs to be addressed.  Deleting a layout on the Right should NOT delete the Layout from the saved list on the left.  

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 11:13 PM

While we are on this subject, I would really like an easier way to update a current layout that is already saved, rather than have to save the layout again with the exact same name.

Posts 19273
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 11:15 PM

Donovan R. Palmer:

While we are on this subject, I would really like an easier way to update a current layout that is already saved, rather than have to save the layout again with the exact same name.

Ditto. This request (and the bug that started the thread off) isn't Mac specific, and I'm not even a Mac user anyway, but I echo both sentiments.

Posts 10
Dirk Boersma | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 2 2011 3:52 AM

I agree. I was just deleting some unused Snapshots in the list on the right, and inadvertently deleted one of my saved layouts, as well. This is not very handy.

Perhaps there could be a separate tab with all the layouts, where you can click checkboxes and press a button 'delete selected layouts', and an option 'restore deleted layouts' with a checkbox feature as well?

Overall, though, Logos 4 is a great piece of software. Thanks!

Cheers, Dirk

Posts 759
Tobias Lampert | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 2 2011 4:21 AM

I made the same suggestion for the PC-version of Logos 4 a couple of days ago: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/28956.aspx

"Mach's wie Gott - werde Mensch!" | theolobias.de

Posts 5424
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 2 2011 6:40 AM

Donovan R. Palmer:

How about using the Layouts Tab - right clicking (or equivalent) the layout you wish to update and hitting 'update'.

Or have I missed something?

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 10832
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 2 2011 11:01 AM

Mike Binks:

How about using the Layouts Tab - right clicking (or equivalent) the layout you wish to update and hitting 'update'.

Or have I missed something?

Perhaps you missed the date of Donovan's post. It is from December 09 before the Update option was added.

Posts 10832
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 2 2011 11:03 AM

Dirk M. Boersma:
Perhaps there could be a separate tab with all the layouts, where you can click checkboxes and press a button 'delete selected layouts', and an option 'restore deleted layouts' with a checkbox feature as well?

Dirk

You have responded to a very old thread. You will probably get more attention it you start a new thread.

Posts 759
Tobias Lampert | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 2 2011 11:12 AM

Concerning the *update*, you're right. However, Joe's initial suggestion is still *up to date*:

Joe Miller:
Deleting a layout on the Right should NOT delete the Layout from the saved list on the left.

"Mach's wie Gott - werde Mensch!" | theolobias.de

Posts 5424
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 2 2011 11:44 AM

Jack Caviness:
Perhaps you missed the date of Donovan's post. It is from December 09 before the Update option was added.

too right Jack - I never think to look at the date of a post.

They should make old threads look well thumbed or something.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 10832
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 2 2011 1:40 PM

Mike Binks:
They should make old threads look well thumbed or something.

Should we put it in User Voice? Geeked

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS