Reformation Heritage Books (RHB)

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 30 2013 5:38 PM

Please add all requests for RHB to this thread. Would love to see your thoughts, especially prioritized by importance for Logos.

Product Department Manager
Faithlife

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 31 2013 3:10 PM

Classic Reformed Theology Series

Heaven Opened: The Correspondence of Mary Winslow (Octavius Winslow)

Our God

The Fullness of Christ Unfolded in the History of Joseph

(anything from Octavius Winslow)

Posts 9
C. Dustin Boyd | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 31 2013 6:52 PM

I would like to request The Gospel's Power & Message and The Gospel Call & True Conversion, both by Paul Washer.

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 1 2013 2:25 AM

Gabe Martini:
Please add all requests for RHB to this thread. Would love to see your thoughts, especially prioritized by importance for Logos.

I'm encouraged by the question! We've got some great RHB works already in Logos or on pre-pub, but these are the ones I would see as a priority to add:

1. Reformed Confessions of the 16th and 17th Centuries (4 volumes)
  2. Beeke's Epistles of John
  3. Geoff Thomas' The Holy Spirit
  4. The Experimental Knowledge of Christ and Additional Sermons of John Elias (1774-1841)
  5. Classics of Reformed Spirituality
  6. Profiles of Reformed Spirituality
  7. Teacher's Bible Commentary

There's a lot of others I would buy at the right price, particularly if Logos can match RHB's eBook prices, rather than their hardback prices (yes, I am looking at A Puritan Theology: Doctrine for Life and The Christian's Reasonable Service). In my view there's not enough tagging in those volumes to warrant a 50-60% premium for the Logos edition.

PS - A handful of Joel Beeke's titles (e.g. Striving Against Satan, Walking as He Walked) were co-published with a small UK publisher (Bryntirion Press) that I do some work for. Without looking I don't know what the rights situation on these titles are, but if there is a rights problem that's preventing these appearing in Logos, I'm sure I could sort that out fairly easily. It would be great to see them in Logos.

Posts 1487
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 1 2013 12:46 PM

Mark Barnes:

YesYesYes

Edit: Is there a chance that we could get datatypes for the Second Helvetic Confession AND THE NICENE CREED?

Posts 1487
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 1 2013 1:11 PM

Mark Barnes:

Do you know who the author is?

1) Jan Douma (1873-1958)

2) Jochem Douma (1931- )

3) Jos Douma (1968- )

Seeing that the co-author is J.P.Tazelaar I suspect that it's Jan Douma. I'd rather see some recent books by Jochem and Jos Douma in Logos.

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 4 2013 2:10 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I'll work to get all of these into Logos on pre-pub in the near future.

Faithlife

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 4 2013 3:04 PM

H.-J.van der Wal:
Do you know who the author is?

WorldCat says it's Jan Douma: http://www.worldcat.org/title/teachers-bible-commentary/oclc/302361926

Posts 233
Philip Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 4 2013 3:33 PM

I'll certainly second the Reformed Confessions of the 16th and 17th Centuries (4 volumes). Big Smile

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 5 2013 11:52 AM

Okay, these have all been requested. I'll keep you posted!

Faithlife

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 5 2013 12:42 PM

YesBig Smile

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS