How to mark Books of the Bible that I have read

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 12
Victor Mendoza | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 31 2013 12:07 PM

Is there a way to mark the books of the Bible that I have read in a year, and be able to see that?

Thanks

Posts 28122
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 31 2013 12:16 PM

And you explicitly are not looking for a reading plan as a solution, right?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 31 2013 12:22 PM

You could either:

tag them - how to tag

add them to a new collection specifically "Books Read" - about collections

use a rating to identify them - how to rate

Posts 28122
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 31 2013 12:34 PM

Don Awalt:

You could either:

tag them - how to tag

add them to a new collection specifically "Books Read" - about collections

use a rating to identify them - how to rate

Would any of these work for biblical books, identified as a singular resource within Logos? Off the top of my head, I don't think so… I'd have to play around with it to see for sure.

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 31 2013 1:18 PM

alabama24:
Would any of these work for biblical books, identified as a singular resource within Logos? Off the top of my head, I don't think so… I'd have to play around with it to see for sure.

If I understand your question, sure they would - if it's a singular resource that shows individually in the Library that is. If so, I can surely create a tag or rating for one resource - for example, I see all the books of the WBC in my library, I can rate or tag individually. You can also click and drag to "Plus these resources" in a collection, and only that single resource comes. Desktop version that is.

Is that what you meant or did I misunderstand?

Posts 12
Victor Mendoza | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 31 2013 2:21 PM

No, I am not.

Posts 12
Victor Mendoza | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 31 2013 2:29 PM

I tray my best to read the whole Bible every year, when I finish a book from NT or OT I marked read in table of contents, in the leas 2 years, I have read the Bible in the computer using Logos, I would like to be able marked read every book of the Bible, NOT about the Bible, as good as that could be too.

Posts 28122
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 31 2013 2:31 PM

Don Awalt:
Is that what you meant or did I misunderstand?

If I understand the OP, he is asking something like: "How can I mark that I have read Genesis, Psalms, Ruth, Mark, John, Romans, and Revelation in my NIV (or other translation) so that I don't read those books again." Unless I have really misunderstood, he isn't asking about marking "the purpose driven life" or "WBC:Romans" as "read."

Posts 28122
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 31 2013 2:34 PM

Victor Mendoza:

I tray my best to read the whole Bible every year, when I finish a book from NT or OT I marked read in table of contents, in the leas 2 years, I have read the Bible in the computer using Logos, I would like to be able marked read every book of the Bible, NOT about the Bible, as good as that could be too.

There isn't a device in Logos to mark anything as "read," except through reading plans. The tips that Don gave are an option for marking an entire resource as read, but you are looking to mark parts of a resource (the bible) as read. I think your idea of using the table of contents is probably the best option available to you at this time, without creating a reading plan.

Posts 18857
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 31 2013 2:54 PM

Victor Mendoza:

Victor, you can use a Reading Plan. At the end of each section of reading, you can click "Mark Read" and the green dots will guide you through what you haven't read yet. You can set up your Reading Plan to read the Bible in canonical order or whatever order you want. There are several example Reading Plans here: http://wiki.logos.com/Reading_Plans

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 31 2013 2:56 PM

alabama24:
If I understand the OP, he is asking something like: "How can I mark that I have read Genesis, Psalms, Ruth, Mark, John, Romans, and Revelation in my NIV (or other translation) so that I don't read those books again." Unless I have really misunderstood, he isn't asking about marking "the purpose driven life" or "WBC:Romans" as "read."

Ah - my bad. I missed the key phrase "of the Bible". Tongue Tied  Thanks.

Posts 28122
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 31 2013 5:28 PM

No problem Don. And congrats on "500" posts. Smile

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 1 2013 3:39 AM
1. Place a note in the Bible's table of contents next to each book that you read. 2. Use a very thin piece of dead tree and and a stick of graphite. ~;—\
Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 1 2013 7:01 AM

alabama24:

No problem Don. And congrats on "500" posts. Smile

Thanks - and a notable one it was Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS