Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 4 2009 3:39 AM

I use Outlook 2007 to view the RSS feeds from the Logos Forums (operating system is Vista). The posts come in and there are some that I would like to keep, but the others I delete. Then, a short time afterwards, all the posts are there again. Is there some way to keep the ones you want and at the same time keep the ones you don't from showing up again?

Thanks for any help!

Charlene

Charlene

Posts 2841
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 4 2009 5:32 AM

Wish I could help, but let me make a suggestion.  Outlook is one of the worst RSS readers around.  If you disagree, then ignore my suggestion and I won't feel bad.  But if you agree that it is a little bit of a pain, then let me recommend Google Reader.  Very nice and there no matter what computer you are using.  You can export your Outlook feeds to an OPML file and import them to Google Reader.  This is how I keep up with forums.

Again sorry to be the guy who instead of answering question tells you to use a different program, but ...

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 4 2009 1:11 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:

Wish I could help, but let me make a suggestion.  Outlook is one of the worst RSS readers around.  If you disagree, then ignore my suggestion and I won't feel bad.  But if you agree that it is a little bit of a pain, then let me recommend Google Reader.  Very nice and there no matter what computer you are using.  You can export your Outlook feeds to an OPML file and import them to Google Reader.  This is how I keep up with forums.

Again sorry to be the guy who instead of answering question tells you to use a different program, but ...

Peace and Joy to you, Kevin!       *smile*

I think it's time that I finally need to use an RSS reader.  I like your recommenation of Google Reader and thank you for it.  Without taking too much of your time, could you point me in the right direction so I could understand the "how" of doing it and then implement that?

Yours in Christ,

.....................  Mel

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2009 1:40 AM

Thanks, Kevin, for the advice. I really have had no problems with other RSS feeds, just Logos. When I get other feeds, I read, then delete the ones I don't want to keep. Then when it is updated, only new ones come in. With Logos, I delete the ones I don't want and then just a few minutes later, it refreshes the list and reloads all of them again! This is driving me crazy, so I might have to change. That is, unless someone else has an idea of how to fix it!

Charlene

Posts 61
Jason | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2009 2:01 AM

Same happens for me also

Only other thing I noticed is that if I 'clear' as read the feeds it will either load all of them or some of them again.  I also often get old RSS messages reappear if I still have it in my inbox.  Lately I have been getting duplicates with Morris' feed and often the blog feed reloads only certain ones. 

I have wondered if this is because it is being 'pushed' because of an update?

How to ask for help for Logos issues.

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2009 9:17 AM

I thought it might be informing me of a new post, but it's not. One of the ones that refuse to go away was someone's test posting, with that being the one message (no replies).

Charlene

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS