Books in the cloud

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 36
William Middleton | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 2 2013 9:14 AM

Greetings all,

During the video it speaks about the books in the cloud so many devices can share one library.  This is quite a nice feature, however, having some concern are the books also located locally on the hard drive as well so one could be anywhere with their laptop and still use their full library?  The second reason is, it seems many books I have registered to me when I purchased logos 2 and 3 through Thomas Nelson that many of the books dont seem to show up in my registry of owning though they had been registered through the logos programs I purchased or additional libraries.

Any assistance would be well taken and well appreciated.

William

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

Posts 26058
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 2 2013 9:30 AM

Hi William

William Middleton:
This is quite a nice feature, however, having some concern are the books also located locally on the hard drive as well so one could be anywhere with their laptop and still use their full library?

Yes. all books are downloaded automatically to your laptop / desktop and available offline. Please note that this is not the case for mobile devices (iOS and Android) where you have to trigger download of resources you want. 

William Middleton:
The second reason is, it seems many books I have registered to me when I purchased logos 2 and 3 through Thomas Nelson that many of the books dont seem to show up in my registry of owning though they had been registered through the logos programs I purchased or additional libraries.

Does the article at http://wiki.logos.com/Installing_Libronix_Books help?

Graham 

Posts 30878
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 2 2013 10:16 AM

In addition to Graham's comments, I should add one thing... Not all resources are "mobile enabled." The publisher must agree first. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 36
William Middleton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 2 2013 10:47 AM

Thank you all for your Replies.  I should have mentioned, Sorry Graham, but they are all installed on my computer as of right now in Logos 4.  But, Since I cannot see the list of books on the cloud so to speak, and several of the programs installed came from purchases from Thomas Nelson themselves or included with certain books such as sermon suggestions ect...  I didnt know if they would be avail on the cloud.  But since they are locally on the HD, I suppose I could just simply move the files over and integrate it to logos 5.  Shucks with over 3000 books, hate to loose out on several of them.  Also, private books I am sure would not be avail on the cloud since I made them myself.  Thank you for assiting.  Is there a way to see a list of all the books you have licenses for?  Thanks

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

Posts 315
Mike McKnelly | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 2 2013 12:10 PM

Yes, you can get a list of all your licensed books. Just call 1-800-87logos and ask for customer service they can send you a PDF copy of all your purchases. I've requested it a couple times but watch out it's a huge list!

Posts 12642
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 2 2013 12:38 PM

William Middleton:
they are all installed on my computer as of right now in Logos 4..... I suppose I could just simply move the files over and integrate it to logos 5

You won't need to integrate them - actually Logos 5 behaves like it was a say, Logos 4.8 upgrade. It will even keep the folder name as Logos 4 (which has confused some people - don't delete "everything L4" after the upgrade!). The list of books in the cloud es the same as your library plus the hidden books, the list of licences you own (if Logos provides this) is a bit larger because of datasets, RI, Libronix-homepages and non-Logos files, such as L3 audio/video content.

So you probably won't need to worry at all: what you see in L4 you'll have in L5 (plus more) 

Hope this helps,

Mick

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS