Logos 6.0: What features do you want?

Page 1 of 7 (122 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 121 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 5 2013 3:33 AM

I know it is early, and maybe no code has been written, but I am sure that Logos is already making mental plans as to what should be put in the next version. So here goes, what do you want?

1. The ability to add a resource to a collection from the library and the panel menu. I envision when I see the various collections that a resource is in,(currently shown in the library) it will give the option to add this resource to a collection.

2. Dynamic Timeline: The timeline is updated in real time, similar to indexing. Whenever a book is released by Logos, that has the date for an event, the timeline automatically reflects it, limited to certain categories. Denominational history, world history, Biblical history, Church history, etc... In addition, better filtering. Similar to visual filters on Bibles. The same would apply to Biblical events. So when a book is released that details the history of my Church, I would like for all the dates mentioned to automatically show up in the timeline.

3. Your thoughts.

All Religious Education in Logos Bible Software. Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 233
Philip Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 5 2013 4:34 AM

4. "Smart" tags. When I start typing a tag, Logos supplies increasingly similar tags I've already used.

Posts 1931
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 5 2013 8:17 AM

Does not need to wait until version 6, but here is my list.

- a way to compare and leverage multiple apparatus

- better tag management

- enhanced library management window (visual bookshelf, prioritization, remembering last state)

Posts 1931
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 5 2013 8:20 AM

- dynamic mapping overlays

Posts 233
Philip Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 5 2013 8:23 AM

A way to check if resource sets can be updated

Posts 41
RichGrif | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 5 2013 8:44 AM

Notwithstanding its features how about a  Version that is truly "ready-to-go" and doesn't take months to get significant "bugs out".   

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 5 2013 9:15 AM

RichGrif:

Notwithstanding its features how about a  Version that is truly "ready-to-go" and doesn't take months to get significant "bugs out".   

Logos uses Rapid Application Development as its software delevement methodology.  The down side of this methodology is that the user (we) see lots and lots of bugs.

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 5 2013 10:47 AM

Anyone else would like to weigh in?

Posts 71
David Pugh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 5 2013 10:59 AM

I believe there are bountiful opportunities in creating new and exciting textual criticism tools that would bring together the apparatus (with textual family and dating information) and integrate with textual commentaries (including Metzger, Comfort, and NET)...making it easy for those without the background to examine weight of the evidence for various readings.

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 5 2013 11:09 AM

Would like to see a Windows 8 touch screen mode so that we could turn pages the same way as an Android tablet (assuming we may have a Windows 8 Pro tablet) but also allowing that we do NOT want to give up current functionality/ screen real-estate for 25 inch and larger non-touch screen monitors (ie: make touch-screen mode a machine specific option)

Would also like to be able to make the Home Screen Content settings machine specific so that I can elect to avoid the pre-pub and Community Pricing and Blog updates when on the road with a slow internet connection and a small screen (where it can take forever to refresh the home screen in the morning... 20+ pages compared to three on the desktop at home)

Posts 2902
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 5 2013 11:15 AM

Lynden Williams:
what do you want?

I want a new version to not be introduced for at least four more years.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 5 2013 11:17 AM

Doc B:

What is the reason for this request? It is usually when they bring out a new version that new data sets are introduced along with base packages. This is when Logos seem to really make its money.

Posts 2562
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 5 2013 12:01 PM

Lynden Williams:

Doc B:

What is the reason for this request? It is usually when they bring out a new version that new data sets are introduced along with base packages. This is when Logos seem to really make its money.

Some of us just finished the monthly payments for Logos 5 / Verbum.  Now we need to get the credit cards that backed those updates paid off [or at least down Wink]  AND there are several 'special group' sets coming out in the next year. [and Yes, some of us will want more then one]  Lets hold off on Logos 6 for a while. 

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 5 2013 12:07 PM

I share your plight David. Logos seems to have set on updating its engine every three years, so the next version will probably be out in the fall of 2015.

Just thought it would be good to get our thoughts out there now so that when they start coding, they will know what direction their customers would like for them to go. Smile

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 5 2013 5:26 PM

Bump

Posts 1706
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 5 2013 5:44 PM

I would like a cutomizable devotional front page that is actually useful and contains more than 1 inch from a devotional book please.

Also, improve touch functionality for upcoming 8.1 tablets that (God willing) will work well.

Posts 2902
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 5 2013 7:39 PM

Lynden Williams:

Doc B:

What is the reason for this request?

Shirley, you can't be serious.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ plus the hassle of the upgrade and waiting a couple months for the minimal crossgrade to be released, etc. Not to mention, I haven't even yet learned to use all the stuff in v. 5.

Any questions?

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 1880
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 5 2013 7:41 PM

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 5 2013 9:32 PM

A fully functional Mark Barnes' Bookshelf

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 6 2013 4:13 AM

When it arrives do three things:

1. Use the current names for the Base Packages

2. Release the minimum cross grade and or core dataset

3. Give the date for the free engine, all at the same time.

Page 1 of 7 (122 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS