Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 18 2013 6:58 AM

Customizing the shortcut bar. http://community.logos.com/forums/t/74109.aspx

All Religious Education in Logos Bible Software. Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 18 2013 12:39 PM

Lynden Williams:
Customizing the shortcut bar.

Do you really want to wait until L6 for that?Surprise

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 18 2013 1:18 PM

fgh:
Do you really want to wait until L6 for that?

I can wait, but I know some who cannot.

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 8 2013 6:20 PM

Asked for this before, but begin the process of rewriting the software, so that when Logos 7 is released we will have the same UI, but it will be independent of WPF, .Net and all of the other stuff that handicaps the software.

To make 6.0 really fly, make 5.??? fly. Spend the next six months squashing every but that can be tracked and fixed,  and optimizing the software. As new features are added they are optimized when it goes to gold.

Posts 2575
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 8 2013 6:27 PM

Lynden Williams:

independent of WPF

Yes

Posts 2564
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 9 2013 2:50 AM

Lynden Williams:
  but it will be independent of WPF, .Net and all of the other stuff that handicaps the software.

The problem there is that if you do not use someone else's programming library then you need to reinvent the wheel and write your own programming library to do the same thing.  [not sure exactly what they use those libraries for but part of it handles different computer configurations without the programmer knowing what computer the program will be running on] One "FIX" would be to write the entire program in native mode assembly language.  That might make it say 100 times faster but would also take say 100 times longer to write it and then we might need a different version for each brand and model computer.

Posts 2564
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 9 2013 2:53 AM

Lynden Williams:

so that when Logos 7 is released 

SEVEN?  We have yet to finalize our dream Logos six!

Posts 1041
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 9 2013 3:59 AM

Hopefully sooner than version 6 but...

Better reading progress indication.

When I'm reading a paperback I have an accurate sense of how long it is till then end of the chapter and so on. With Logos books it is hard to tell because of changing font sizes etc whether I am reading a heavyweight or a pamphlet. I think kindle are introducing something like a time to end of chapter feature?

I would suggest something like the auto bookmarks that appear as little lines in the scrollbar but one which is a different colour eg. green and indicates the end of the article/chapter. When hovered it would give you an indication in terms of time to get there. ie. 2000 words remaining in chapter, reading at 300wpm (as an average pastors reading speed?) 6mins to end of chapter.

Page numbers in the table of contents sidebar would be great too.

A similar feature for ipad.

Collections in Android.

Faster audio reading speed when I use read aloud. 2x is not quick enough for a busy person;)

Cheers,

John

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 1041
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 9 2013 4:05 AM

I wonder about building on the faithlife / biblia foundation and going fully cloud? The speed of these sites means I'm always going there first before logos but I miss lots of features like the info pane, the popups etc. Even word studies and passage guide are on library.logos.com.

If those sites became the new logos 6 then it would be truly cross platform. Possibly even with offline mode like google docs in chrome?

That would make this linux user happy!

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 9 2013 6:55 AM

David Ames:

Lynden Williams:

so that when Logos 7 is released 

SEVEN?  We have yet to finalize our dream Logos six!

Of course we do.  We want one that is so fast that things appear even as we think about them and which automatically adds any new feature we might conjure up.  It takes only 1 k of memory and fixes lunch and washes up afterwards.  Wink

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 9 2013 7:00 AM

John Goodman:
I would suggest something like the auto bookmarks that appear as little lines in the scrollbar but one which is a different colour eg. green and indicates the end of the article/chapter. When hovered it would give you an indication in terms of time to get there. ie. 2000 words remaining in chapter, reading at 300wpm (as an average pastors reading speed?) 6mins to end of chapter.

You just can't wait to finish?  The pleasure of reading a book is in the process, not the completion.  Geeked

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 9 2013 7:02 AM

John Goodman:

I wonder about building on the faithlife / biblia foundation and going fully cloud? The speed of these sites means I'm always going there first before logos but I miss lots of features like the info pane, the popups etc. Even word studies and passage guide are on library.logos.com.

If those sites became the new logos 6 then it would be truly cross platform. Possibly even with offline mode like google docs in chrome?

That would make this linux user happy!

But it would make everyone else unhappy.  Sad

george
gfsomsel

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 9 2013 7:19 AM

George Somsel:
Of course we do.  We want one that is so fast that things appear even as we think about them and which automatically adds any new feature we might conjure up.  It takes only 1 k of memory and fixes lunch and washes up afterwards.  Wink

My wife Nina says she already does all that so I won't be upgrading to SEVEN.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1706
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 9 2013 8:41 AM

I would like to have a customizable exclusive front-page devotional page that changes depending upon the date.

More usable content on the homepage rather than dinky tiny blurbs would be nice.

Also, touch functionality that works for 8.x versions of Windows (yup broken record on that one...anyone remember phongraph records?)

How about a scripture line-by-line streamlined search for novices at a Bible Study who do not want everything on a passage but only Bible versions and selected commentaries without having to create a filter for it...built right into the application as a quick pulldown.

Posts 712
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 9 2013 8:44 AM

I would like to talk about Logos 8. Should that be a separate thread?

On a serious note, when do you think Logos 6 will come out? I am guessing a 3-year time-frame, which would put it in the last quarter of 2015.

I would also expect it to be a move similar from v4 to v5: Similar interface but with lots of upgrades and new toys. I don't think we will see a major jump like v3 to v4 until Logos 7 comes out, probably in 2018. Just guessing...

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 2564
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 9 2013 10:00 AM

JoshInRI:

depending upon the date.

One other item on DATE is PLEASE, if the dead line is gone by then don't show us that we could have saved $50 but not we can not.

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2013 2:47 AM

How about the opton (in passage guide) to search via the the entire Logos database via the internet. Think of the sales this could bring and help us find out what is available. I just might purchase book x, which I did not care too much about.

Yes, reminiscing of the days of Libronix. Smile

Posts 4900
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2013 3:31 AM

None of the stuff from L3 that I wanted to be added to L4 or L5 have been included so far...I don't see why I should expect that to change in L6.

Posts 9229
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2013 4:06 AM

David Paul:

None of the stuff from L3 that I wanted to be added to L4 or L5 have been included so far...I don't see why I should expect that to change in L6.

Why not take time here to summarize the top three L3 features you would like to see in L6?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2902
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2013 12:40 PM

Lynden Williams:
Customizing the shortcut bar. http://community.logos.com/forums/t/74109.aspx

I forgot I started that thread till I saw this reminder. Yes, I still hope this happens. It's not a deal-breaker, but would sure help practical functionality.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Page 4 of 7 (122 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS